Sep 5, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Two can play at that game, Anthony Tolliver.
The Timberwolves want one more big man on the bench and have been talking with Tolliver, who wants more than the league minimum so the Timberwolves have explored moving a guard to fee up some cap space. It’s a slow moving dance. One Tolliver’s people tried to speed up by leaking all five teams they have spoken to.
So now we have this from the Timberwolves, they are working out Hassan Whiteside, via Hoopsworld.
Whiteside has been working out with former NBA guard John Lucas in Texas this summer and is set on trying to land a roster spot for the 2013 season.
Whiteside tells HOOPSWORLD in this interview he has a work out with the Minnesota Timberwolves set for this week, the adjustment process to the business side of the NBA and adding forty pounds to his frame in order to face the rigors of the league.
Follow this link to the video.
It’s all a slow free agency dance right now. But Tolliver may have to consider the minimum. Or Europe.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 0
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 6
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21