Sep 5, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Two can play at that game, Anthony Tolliver.
The Timberwolves want one more big man on the bench and have been talking with Tolliver, who wants more than the league minimum so the Timberwolves have explored moving a guard to fee up some cap space. It’s a slow moving dance. One Tolliver’s people tried to speed up by leaking all five teams they have spoken to.
So now we have this from the Timberwolves, they are working out Hassan Whiteside, via Hoopsworld.
Whiteside has been working out with former NBA guard John Lucas in Texas this summer and is set on trying to land a roster spot for the 2013 season.
Whiteside tells HOOPSWORLD in this interview he has a work out with the Minnesota Timberwolves set for this week, the adjustment process to the business side of the NBA and adding forty pounds to his frame in order to face the rigors of the league.
Follow this link to the video.
It’s all a slow free agency dance right now. But Tolliver may have to consider the minimum. Or Europe.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 0
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 8
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 34
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (65)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay