Sep 5, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Two can play at that game, Anthony Tolliver.
The Timberwolves want one more big man on the bench and have been talking with Tolliver, who wants more than the league minimum so the Timberwolves have explored moving a guard to fee up some cap space. It’s a slow moving dance. One Tolliver’s people tried to speed up by leaking all five teams they have spoken to.
So now we have this from the Timberwolves, they are working out Hassan Whiteside, via Hoopsworld.
Whiteside has been working out with former NBA guard John Lucas in Texas this summer and is set on trying to land a roster spot for the 2013 season.
Whiteside tells HOOPSWORLD in this interview he has a work out with the Minnesota Timberwolves set for this week, the adjustment process to the business side of the NBA and adding forty pounds to his frame in order to face the rigors of the league.
Follow this link to the video.
It’s all a slow free agency dance right now. But Tolliver may have to consider the minimum. Or Europe.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4