Sep 5, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Two can play at that game, Anthony Tolliver.
The Timberwolves want one more big man on the bench and have been talking with Tolliver, who wants more than the league minimum so the Timberwolves have explored moving a guard to fee up some cap space. It’s a slow moving dance. One Tolliver’s people tried to speed up by leaking all five teams they have spoken to.
So now we have this from the Timberwolves, they are working out Hassan Whiteside, via Hoopsworld.
Whiteside has been working out with former NBA guard John Lucas in Texas this summer and is set on trying to land a roster spot for the 2013 season.
Whiteside tells HOOPSWORLD in this interview he has a work out with the Minnesota Timberwolves set for this week, the adjustment process to the business side of the NBA and adding forty pounds to his frame in order to face the rigors of the league.
Follow this link to the video.
It’s all a slow free agency dance right now. But Tolliver may have to consider the minimum. Or Europe.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13