Sep 5, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
It was rumored during the Dwight Howard fiasco last season that one of the reasons the Magic were working to keep Howard is that the 86-year-old team owner Rich DeVos didn’t want to oversee a rebuilding project that could last years.
But this was certainly not part of the plan.
DeVos, the founder of Amway Products, is recovering from a mild stroke suffered last month, the Associated Press confirmed with the company. He is reportedly in good condition and recovering at his home, the company reports.
Our best goes out to DeVos and his family and we all hope for a speedy recovery.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70