Sep 5, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
It was rumored during the Dwight Howard fiasco last season that one of the reasons the Magic were working to keep Howard is that the 86-year-old team owner Rich DeVos didn’t want to oversee a rebuilding project that could last years.
But this was certainly not part of the plan.
DeVos, the founder of Amway Products, is recovering from a mild stroke suffered last month, the Associated Press confirmed with the company. He is reportedly in good condition and recovering at his home, the company reports.
Our best goes out to DeVos and his family and we all hope for a speedy recovery.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10