Sep 5, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
It was rumored during the Dwight Howard fiasco last season that one of the reasons the Magic were working to keep Howard is that the 86-year-old team owner Rich DeVos didn’t want to oversee a rebuilding project that could last years.
But this was certainly not part of the plan.
DeVos, the founder of Amway Products, is recovering from a mild stroke suffered last month, the Associated Press confirmed with the company. He is reportedly in good condition and recovering at his home, the company reports.
Our best goes out to DeVos and his family and we all hope for a speedy recovery.
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5