Sep 5, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
It was rumored during the Dwight Howard fiasco last season that one of the reasons the Magic were working to keep Howard is that the 86-year-old team owner Rich DeVos didn’t want to oversee a rebuilding project that could last years.
But this was certainly not part of the plan.
DeVos, the founder of Amway Products, is recovering from a mild stroke suffered last month, the Associated Press confirmed with the company. He is reportedly in good condition and recovering at his home, the company reports.
Our best goes out to DeVos and his family and we all hope for a speedy recovery.
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 6
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 8
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 28
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26