Sep 5, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
It was rumored during the Dwight Howard fiasco last season that one of the reasons the Magic were working to keep Howard is that the 86-year-old team owner Rich DeVos didn’t want to oversee a rebuilding project that could last years.
But this was certainly not part of the plan.
DeVos, the founder of Amway Products, is recovering from a mild stroke suffered last month, the Associated Press confirmed with the company. He is reportedly in good condition and recovering at his home, the company reports.
Our best goes out to DeVos and his family and we all hope for a speedy recovery.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24