Sep 5, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
You’ll never see anyone in Manhattan do this for the New York Knicks.
Oklahoma City Thunder fans are as passionate as any fans in the NBA. While they love college football (even during the NBA playoffs last year Oklahoma football stories often drew more internet traffic at the Oklahoman than the Thunder) they are full-throated supporters of their Thunder.
Starting on Sept. 28 when the field and farm open to visitors, you’ll be able to go through the maze and get lost in the Thunder. Literally. I mean look at that maze. Even if you have an aerial photo with you and a GPS it could take hours to get out.
I was skeptical when the Sonics became the Thunder (and I still don’t like how that went down), but Thunder fans have won me over. They care. They love the team. You have to respect their commitment. There have been no NBA corn mazes in the past, and you’re not going to see one for the Celtics anytime soon no matter how passionate their fan base is.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 12
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24