Sep 5, 2012, 9:48 AM EDT
And we are back at “the Lakers are great on paper” discussion.
Dwyane Wade is all over your television, radio and Internet this week as he does the tour for his book, “A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball.”
And wherever he lands there are some pretty standard basketball questions so far: About winning the title, comparing it to 2006, challenges to repeating, Jeremy Lin….
Here is what Wade told Fox Sports about the Lakers.
“They’ll be great, but they have to make it work,” Wade said with a tone that sounded something like a warning — perhaps because he’s speaking from experience. “Some people figure it out right away, some people take till mid-season to figure it out and some take until the next year if they figure it out. Obviously for them, they need to be successful as they want to be, they’re going to have to do it right away.”
That’s the conventional wisdom now, the question is how long it takes them to get it together. Something hampered a little by the fact Howard is expected to miss training camp and maybe the start of the season as he recovers from back surgery. And that they are installing a new offense.
It’s safe to say that the Lakers in March should be better than the Lakers in November. The question we have yet to have answered is how good they will be in June.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5