Sep 5, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
And you can add Jared Sullinger to the list.
The Celtics rookie tells Jessica Camerato at CSNNE.com that he is not getting any ink.
“No tattoos,” he recently told CSNNE.com. “I promised my mother. You know if you break a promise, you’re not going to be living for the next days (laughs). I want to live as long as I can, so I’m not going to break that promise.”
The number of tattoos on NBA players seems to bother some fans. Usually older fans, some of whom buy luxury boxes. But to me it’s a generational thing — it’s not just young basketball players that get ink. Roll up the long sleeves on the just hired MBA at some large accounting firm and you likely see tattoos. It’s much more common for both sexes now, it’s accepted in a way it was not 30 years ago.
Which is fine. In the NBA, in an accounting firm, it should be about merit not looks. Do the work well and whether or not you got a barbed wire tattoo around your arm shouldn’t matter. (Although really, barbed wire? Why that one?)
Just don’t look for one on Sullinger. Now we’ll see if he can do the job.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 0
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 10
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 35
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars