Sep 4, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
Ralph Sampson is one of the greatest college players of all time, a three-time AP NCAA player of the year. A nearly unstoppable big man. And that certainly is part of the reason he is being inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Friday.
But he had a pretty good NBA career as well — he took maybe the greatest shot in Rockets history, he was a four-time All-Star who averaged 15,4 points and 8.8 rebounds a game. And look at the highlights above — this was a mobile and skilled big man who could have played in any era.
Just something to think back on when you see him get enshrined as well this weekend.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4