Sep 4, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
Ralph Sampson is one of the greatest college players of all time, a three-time AP NCAA player of the year. A nearly unstoppable big man. And that certainly is part of the reason he is being inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Friday.
But he had a pretty good NBA career as well — he took maybe the greatest shot in Rockets history, he was a four-time All-Star who averaged 15,4 points and 8.8 rebounds a game. And look at the highlights above — this was a mobile and skilled big man who could have played in any era.
Just something to think back on when you see him get enshrined as well this weekend.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48