Sep 4, 2012, 8:37 PM EST
Ralph Sampson is one of the greatest college players of all time, a three-time AP NCAA player of the year. A nearly unstoppable big man. And that certainly is part of the reason he is being inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Friday.
But he had a pretty good NBA career as well — he took maybe the greatest shot in Rockets history, he was a four-time All-Star who averaged 15,4 points and 8.8 rebounds a game. And look at the highlights above — this was a mobile and skilled big man who could have played in any era.
Just something to think back on when you see him get enshrined as well this weekend.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13