Sep 4, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
Ralph Sampson is one of the greatest college players of all time, a three-time AP NCAA player of the year. A nearly unstoppable big man. And that certainly is part of the reason he is being inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Friday.
But he had a pretty good NBA career as well — he took maybe the greatest shot in Rockets history, he was a four-time All-Star who averaged 15,4 points and 8.8 rebounds a game. And look at the highlights above — this was a mobile and skilled big man who could have played in any era.
Just something to think back on when you see him get enshrined as well this weekend.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 8
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23