Sep 4, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was one of those players you stopped flipping channels to watch, he was that special, that entertaining. Injuries robbed us (and the Rockets) of that McGrady.
He’s still a serviceable guard just trying to find a spot in the league. Any spot, apparently. There is this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:
I hear Tracy McGrady might work out with the #Bobcats some, similar to how Josh Howard did. All informal and exploratory.
The Bobcats might be willing to take a so strings attached look at McGrady. That’s where we are at.
Michael Kidd-Gillchrist should get the bulk of minutes at the wing and Jeff Taylor will get some, but McGrady could be a veteran mentor and backup.
I suspect some team will pick him up on a one-year minimum deal around the start of camp, or once they get to camp and there is an injury. He’ll play in the league for another year.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17