Sep 4, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was one of those players you stopped flipping channels to watch, he was that special, that entertaining. Injuries robbed us (and the Rockets) of that McGrady.
He’s still a serviceable guard just trying to find a spot in the league. Any spot, apparently. There is this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:
I hear Tracy McGrady might work out with the #Bobcats some, similar to how Josh Howard did. All informal and exploratory.
The Bobcats might be willing to take a so strings attached look at McGrady. That’s where we are at.
Michael Kidd-Gillchrist should get the bulk of minutes at the wing and Jeff Taylor will get some, but McGrady could be a veteran mentor and backup.
I suspect some team will pick him up on a one-year minimum deal around the start of camp, or once they get to camp and there is an injury. He’ll play in the league for another year.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 11
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7