Sep 4, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was one of those players you stopped flipping channels to watch, he was that special, that entertaining. Injuries robbed us (and the Rockets) of that McGrady.
He’s still a serviceable guard just trying to find a spot in the league. Any spot, apparently. There is this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:
I hear Tracy McGrady might work out with the #Bobcats some, similar to how Josh Howard did. All informal and exploratory.
The Bobcats might be willing to take a so strings attached look at McGrady. That’s where we are at.
Michael Kidd-Gillchrist should get the bulk of minutes at the wing and Jeff Taylor will get some, but McGrady could be a veteran mentor and backup.
I suspect some team will pick him up on a one-year minimum deal around the start of camp, or once they get to camp and there is an injury. He’ll play in the league for another year.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 21
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 37
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 56
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28