Sep 4, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was one of those players you stopped flipping channels to watch, he was that special, that entertaining. Injuries robbed us (and the Rockets) of that McGrady.
He’s still a serviceable guard just trying to find a spot in the league. Any spot, apparently. There is this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:
I hear Tracy McGrady might work out with the #Bobcats some, similar to how Josh Howard did. All informal and exploratory.
The Bobcats might be willing to take a so strings attached look at McGrady. That’s where we are at.
Michael Kidd-Gillchrist should get the bulk of minutes at the wing and Jeff Taylor will get some, but McGrady could be a veteran mentor and backup.
I suspect some team will pick him up on a one-year minimum deal around the start of camp, or once they get to camp and there is an injury. He’ll play in the league for another year.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 27
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10