Sep 4, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was one of those players you stopped flipping channels to watch, he was that special, that entertaining. Injuries robbed us (and the Rockets) of that McGrady.
He’s still a serviceable guard just trying to find a spot in the league. Any spot, apparently. There is this tweet from Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:
I hear Tracy McGrady might work out with the #Bobcats some, similar to how Josh Howard did. All informal and exploratory.
The Bobcats might be willing to take a so strings attached look at McGrady. That’s where we are at.
Michael Kidd-Gillchrist should get the bulk of minutes at the wing and Jeff Taylor will get some, but McGrady could be a veteran mentor and backup.
I suspect some team will pick him up on a one-year minimum deal around the start of camp, or once they get to camp and there is an injury. He’ll play in the league for another year.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15