Sep 3, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Andray Blatche is going to have to prove it. He used up all his get out of jail free cards with the Wizards, now he is going to have to prove his worth to other NBA teams.
Take, for example, the report before that the Brooklyn Nets may have interest in Blatche. That was followed up by this note at ESPNNewYork.com.
Even if the Brooklyn Nets take a flyer on Andray Blatche, they won’t be offering the free agent big man a guaranteed contract, league sources told ESPN NewYork.com. The Nets currently have 13 players with guaranteed contracts. If they do fill their remaining two spots, they will be with training camp invites/non-guaranteed deals who end up winning the spots, league sources said.
What that means is the Nets can cut him during camp if they want. It’s an NFL-style contract. With the second highest payroll in the NBA, the Nets are not going to add a guy they don’t think can help when games tip off. Blatche comes with risks in the locker room and on the mental end of the game, and teams are going to want to see something out of him before they take a chance.
That said, some team will take that chance before the regular season tips off.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8