Rapper Lil B wants to take on Kevin Durant one-one-one

Sep 3, 2012, 5:59 PM EST

Kevin Durant AP

From our “because it’s the middle of the off-season and I don’t want to talk about what the Lakers offense might look like any more” file, I bring you this…

Apparently rapper Lil B’ and Kevin Durant have had a twitter fight going back and forth since May and the artist wants to take on the baller in a game of one-on-one. Which would a short and funny game to watch, Lil B is 5’6” so would be giving up 14 inches to Durant (and that’s not counting Durant’s wing span).

They have a rundown over at Vlad TV (hat tip to Sheridan Hoops). It started during the playoffs last year when KD called Lil’ B a “wack” rapper. You know how rappers love them a celebrity beef to up their profile, you had a feeling this was not going to die

Now Lil B has a new video out called “Warm Ups” on which he calls out Durant. So Durant took to twitter and said “Yo shut up.” I like it. I think the “yo” really makes it.

Durant stuck with that theme in his next tweet: “Yo leave me alone lol, if you wanna play me you gotta come to OKC I’m not coming to Oakland.”

Actually, Durant will be in Oakland on Jan. 23 because Golden State’s Oracle Arena is in Oakland, but that’s nit picking. Besides, Lil B was all down with coming out to the OKC to play and tweeted: “”So book a ticket to OKC for this Monday? @KDTrey5 I WILL BE THERE FLIGHT IN THE MORNING, AND PREP.”

So… for updates check out TMZ. They might live-stream the game and everything. Me, I’m going to get back to breaking down the potential of the Lakers offense. Or the Nets. Or the Knicks. Or the Bobcats. Or anything but more of this.

1. jtchernak - Sep 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Worst rapper in history he’s got a song called Miley cyrus swag c’mon man!

2. lakerluver - Sep 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Who the phuk is Lil. B?!!

• money2long - Sep 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Lil B…..Upper case B…o yea, i learned about this in pre school

3. superseahawk - Sep 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

lakerluver

I was wondering the same thing.

4. akmgiants - Sep 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

not saying he’s good(he’s not), but if you dont know him then you dont follow rap, so why make a comment about it?

5. kingbeason52 - Sep 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I wonder if he is the one giving the thumbsdown on this article..

6. cosanostra71 - Sep 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

man I saw Lil B at Coachella a while back, he was super wack

7. juanandonly24 - Sep 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

BASED GOD!

8. eugenesaxe - Sep 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Definition of attention whore: Lil B.
    P.S: That’s a damn stupid name.

9. jonirocit - Sep 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Lil bitch?

10. rocketsbb - Sep 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Funny he’d rather challenge him in basketball than what he’s “better at” which is rapping.

11. imforbigblue - Sep 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I like rap and I still have no clue who lil B is

• 00maltliquor - Sep 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

He’s gotta be one of the worst rappers I’ve ever heard in my lifetime with an actual “buzz” out there. He calls himself Based God and is from The Pack, a Nor Cal rap group. Go youtube some of his “based” freestyles if you wanna waste 10-15 minutes of your life and walk away with the biggest WTF-face ever. Or hit up one of many of his actual songs, I suggest “Won Ton Soup” and tell me what you get out of it! LMAO!

12. transam7816 - Sep 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Lol he’s horrible. Check out “myspace”

13. leeeroooyjeeenkiiins - Sep 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Lil B is a lot like My Little Pony. Both started as an internet fad where people pretended to be fans for who knows what reason(ironically, I guess?), and then somewhere along the lines it got to the point where they started developing actual fans based on the fake hype. At this point you can’t even tell the fake fans from the people who actually like that nonsense and don’t realize they’re the victims of an elaborate practical joke.

14. manchestermiracle - Sep 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Another media whore with little or no actual talent. Thanks a lot for helping him along, Kurt.

15. manchestermiracle - Sep 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Oh, almost forgot to ask where to send the flowers when Durant blocks Lil Butthead’s shot back down his throat.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches