Sep 3, 2012, 5:59 PM EST
From our “because it’s the middle of the off-season and I don’t want to talk about what the Lakers offense might look like any more” file, I bring you this…
Apparently rapper Lil B’ and Kevin Durant have had a twitter fight going back and forth since May and the artist wants to take on the baller in a game of one-on-one. Which would a short and funny game to watch, Lil B is 5’6” so would be giving up 14 inches to Durant (and that’s not counting Durant’s wing span).
They have a rundown over at Vlad TV (hat tip to Sheridan Hoops). It started during the playoffs last year when KD called Lil’ B a “wack” rapper. You know how rappers love them a celebrity beef to up their profile, you had a feeling this was not going to die
Now Lil B has a new video out called “Warm Ups” on which he calls out Durant. So Durant took to twitter and said “Yo shut up.” I like it. I think the “yo” really makes it.
Durant stuck with that theme in his next tweet: “Yo leave me alone lol, if you wanna play me you gotta come to OKC I’m not coming to Oakland.”
Actually, Durant will be in Oakland on Jan. 23 because Golden State’s Oracle Arena is in Oakland, but that’s nit picking. Besides, Lil B was all down with coming out to the OKC to play and tweeted: “”So book a ticket to OKC for this Monday? @KDTrey5 I WILL BE THERE FLIGHT IN THE MORNING, AND PREP.”
So… for updates check out TMZ. They might live-stream the game and everything. Me, I’m going to get back to breaking down the potential of the Lakers offense. Or the Nets. Or the Knicks. Or the Bobcats. Or anything but more of this.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 0
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 5
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8