Sep 3, 2012, 12:48 AM EDT
When the Nets signed Mirza Teletovic this summer, most of America shrugged. If they noticed at all.
But followers of international basketball applauded the move. Teletovic is a stretch four with a very quick release, but also a mean streak that has him defending hard and banging bodies inside.
That shot tearing up EuroBasket qualifying going on right now — Teletovic is averaging 25.7 points and 6.2 rebounds a game for Bosnia and Herzegovina so far, reports USBasket.com.
Now, those are sort of like Summer League numbers, don’t put too much stock in them. But it’s another sign the Nets may have some scoring punch off the bench this season.
Of course, scoring points isn’t going to be the Nets problem. The other end of the floor… we’ll see.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 27
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 14
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 35
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 22
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead