Sep 3, 2012, 12:48 AM EDT
When the Nets signed Mirza Teletovic this summer, most of America shrugged. If they noticed at all.
But followers of international basketball applauded the move. Teletovic is a stretch four with a very quick release, but also a mean streak that has him defending hard and banging bodies inside.
That shot tearing up EuroBasket qualifying going on right now — Teletovic is averaging 25.7 points and 6.2 rebounds a game for Bosnia and Herzegovina so far, reports USBasket.com.
Now, those are sort of like Summer League numbers, don’t put too much stock in them. But it’s another sign the Nets may have some scoring punch off the bench this season.
Of course, scoring points isn’t going to be the Nets problem. The other end of the floor… we’ll see.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11