Sep 3, 2012, 12:48 AM EDT
When the Nets signed Mirza Teletovic this summer, most of America shrugged. If they noticed at all.
But followers of international basketball applauded the move. Teletovic is a stretch four with a very quick release, but also a mean streak that has him defending hard and banging bodies inside.
That shot tearing up EuroBasket qualifying going on right now — Teletovic is averaging 25.7 points and 6.2 rebounds a game for Bosnia and Herzegovina so far, reports USBasket.com.
Now, those are sort of like Summer League numbers, don’t put too much stock in them. But it’s another sign the Nets may have some scoring punch off the bench this season.
Of course, scoring points isn’t going to be the Nets problem. The other end of the floor… we’ll see.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 40
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23