Sep 3, 2012, 12:48 AM EDT
When the Nets signed Mirza Teletovic this summer, most of America shrugged. If they noticed at all.
But followers of international basketball applauded the move. Teletovic is a stretch four with a very quick release, but also a mean streak that has him defending hard and banging bodies inside.
That shot tearing up EuroBasket qualifying going on right now — Teletovic is averaging 25.7 points and 6.2 rebounds a game for Bosnia and Herzegovina so far, reports USBasket.com.
Now, those are sort of like Summer League numbers, don’t put too much stock in them. But it’s another sign the Nets may have some scoring punch off the bench this season.
Of course, scoring points isn’t going to be the Nets problem. The other end of the floor… we’ll see.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13