Sep 3, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
UPDATE 2:16 pm: I thought Josh Harrellson might be going to Miami on an invited workout… but no, he’s going there to workout of his own volition in hopes that a contract is to come.
Heat apparently holding a “pre-camp” next two weeks for players to earn invites to camp. Harrellson appears to be in that mix of players who will work their way through AmericanAirlines Arena in advance of Sept. 29 start of camp.
He’s still trying to prove he’s worthy of a contract, the Heat will be coy. They can afford to be. But there is nothing inked, or really close to it, yet.
1:11 pm: The Miami Heat are looking to add one more big man to round out their roster, and they’ve looked at a few guys. Including former Knick Josh Harrellson, who they worked out a couple weeks ago.
Kentucky it’s been fun! Glad I got to see everyone! Now heading to Miami for hopefully the next 9 months
What does that mean? He probably got called back for another workout. One I imagine he hopes will lead to a contract for the coming season.
But we are a few steps away from that. Other guys on the market include Andray Blatche and Chris Andersen, although both bring baggage and both kind of fill the same role as Joel Anthony who is already on the roster. Harrellson plays a little different game and might be a better fit. But guys like Darko Milicic are out there as well.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15