Sep 3, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
UPDATE 2:16 pm: I thought Josh Harrellson might be going to Miami on an invited workout… but no, he’s going there to workout of his own volition in hopes that a contract is to come.
Heat apparently holding a “pre-camp” next two weeks for players to earn invites to camp. Harrellson appears to be in that mix of players who will work their way through AmericanAirlines Arena in advance of Sept. 29 start of camp.
He’s still trying to prove he’s worthy of a contract, the Heat will be coy. They can afford to be. But there is nothing inked, or really close to it, yet.
1:11 pm: The Miami Heat are looking to add one more big man to round out their roster, and they’ve looked at a few guys. Including former Knick Josh Harrellson, who they worked out a couple weeks ago.
Kentucky it’s been fun! Glad I got to see everyone! Now heading to Miami for hopefully the next 9 months
What does that mean? He probably got called back for another workout. One I imagine he hopes will lead to a contract for the coming season.
But we are a few steps away from that. Other guys on the market include Andray Blatche and Chris Andersen, although both bring baggage and both kind of fill the same role as Joel Anthony who is already on the roster. Harrellson plays a little different game and might be a better fit. But guys like Darko Milicic are out there as well.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6