Sep 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I… I mean… I just…
OK, so Howard’s 39. So what? Dr. Dre is 47. Also, pretty sure Dr. Dre has been working on “Detox” for longer than Howard has been in the NBA. Still, Howard joins a long and prolific group of NBA players to join the rap game, including Shaq, Stephen Jackson, and everyone on the seminal classic “B-Ball’s Best Kept Secret.” Actually, Howard was drafted the same year that album came out. So this is really the circle of life so to speak.
What does one rap about as an end-of-the-bench veteran?
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte