Sep 1, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I… I mean… I just…
OK, so Howard’s 39. So what? Dr. Dre is 47. Also, pretty sure Dr. Dre has been working on “Detox” for longer than Howard has been in the NBA. Still, Howard joins a long and prolific group of NBA players to join the rap game, including Shaq, Stephen Jackson, and everyone on the seminal classic “B-Ball’s Best Kept Secret.” Actually, Howard was drafted the same year that album came out. So this is really the circle of life so to speak.
What does one rap about as an end-of-the-bench veteran?
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49