Sep 1, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Dwight Howard is gone, but that is just knocking down one wall in the major rebuilding project that is going on in Orlando. GM Rob Hennigan is rebuilding the entire house and there is a lot more work to do.
That means he is not done trading. Pretty much everyone on the roster is available.
That’s something Brian Schmitz tried to make clear at the Orlando Sentinel.
They are open for business to any team that is interested in the likes of holdovers Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Big Baby Davis and Quentin Richardson. (And those players also might be looking to join a team that’s not competing for lottery prizes the next few seasons.)
Vets Al Harrington and Josh McRoberts, who both arrived in the Dwight deal, also will be there for the asking. What do the Magic want in return to jettison any of those deals? Ideally, expiring contracts and/or draft picks.
The Magic have been trying to move the Turkoglu contract (two years, $17 million left) for a couple seasons, and good luck with that.
But Redick with one year at $6.1 million will draw interest for teams who need a shooter. Glen Davis could be useful but with three years and $17 million not sure anyone takes him. And while Nelson is a quality point guard but may not be easy to move with his new deal (three years, $25 million).
Still, the blue light special sale is still going on in Orlando and you can expect a lot more moves.
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23