Sep 1, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Dwight Howard is gone, but that is just knocking down one wall in the major rebuilding project that is going on in Orlando. GM Rob Hennigan is rebuilding the entire house and there is a lot more work to do.
That means he is not done trading. Pretty much everyone on the roster is available.
That’s something Brian Schmitz tried to make clear at the Orlando Sentinel.
They are open for business to any team that is interested in the likes of holdovers Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Big Baby Davis and Quentin Richardson. (And those players also might be looking to join a team that’s not competing for lottery prizes the next few seasons.)
Vets Al Harrington and Josh McRoberts, who both arrived in the Dwight deal, also will be there for the asking. What do the Magic want in return to jettison any of those deals? Ideally, expiring contracts and/or draft picks.
The Magic have been trying to move the Turkoglu contract (two years, $17 million left) for a couple seasons, and good luck with that.
But Redick with one year at $6.1 million will draw interest for teams who need a shooter. Glen Davis could be useful but with three years and $17 million not sure anyone takes him. And while Nelson is a quality point guard but may not be easy to move with his new deal (three years, $25 million).
Still, the blue light special sale is still going on in Orlando and you can expect a lot more moves.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)