Sep 1, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Dwight Howard is gone, but that is just knocking down one wall in the major rebuilding project that is going on in Orlando. GM Rob Hennigan is rebuilding the entire house and there is a lot more work to do.
That means he is not done trading. Pretty much everyone on the roster is available.
That’s something Brian Schmitz tried to make clear at the Orlando Sentinel.
They are open for business to any team that is interested in the likes of holdovers Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Big Baby Davis and Quentin Richardson. (And those players also might be looking to join a team that’s not competing for lottery prizes the next few seasons.)
Vets Al Harrington and Josh McRoberts, who both arrived in the Dwight deal, also will be there for the asking. What do the Magic want in return to jettison any of those deals? Ideally, expiring contracts and/or draft picks.
The Magic have been trying to move the Turkoglu contract (two years, $17 million left) for a couple seasons, and good luck with that.
But Redick with one year at $6.1 million will draw interest for teams who need a shooter. Glen Davis could be useful but with three years and $17 million not sure anyone takes him. And while Nelson is a quality point guard but may not be easy to move with his new deal (three years, $25 million).
Still, the blue light special sale is still going on in Orlando and you can expect a lot more moves.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48