Aug 31, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
I’m sure this brings a tear to your eye…
OK, not really. It’s more offseason distraction. But let’s be honest here — you have no shot at her. So back off that fantasy.
Anyway, it’s true. The rumors that former Laker and Net (and current Turkish league player) Sasha Vujacic and tennis icon Maria Sharapova have ended their engagement are true. She confirmed it in a press conference at the U.S. Open.
Adds Sharapova: “It was obviously a challenging decision, you know, from both of our ends.”
She said it has been off since the spring, so those reports of a November wedding may be off. She said that the reason the Camelot-like romance fell apart was careers and schedules, for example he had not been home in the 10 months since he signed to play in Turkey.
I just celebrated my 10-year wedding anniversary, so I have at least some skill at keeping a woman from walking out the door on me, and I would say not being home in 10 months will get you in trouble pretty much every time. Just my opinion, but I feel pretty confident on that one.
We now return you to our usual dog-days TMZ programming…
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4