Aug 31, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
I’m sure this brings a tear to your eye…
OK, not really. It’s more offseason distraction. But let’s be honest here — you have no shot at her. So back off that fantasy.
Anyway, it’s true. The rumors that former Laker and Net (and current Turkish league player) Sasha Vujacic and tennis icon Maria Sharapova have ended their engagement are true. She confirmed it in a press conference at the U.S. Open.
Adds Sharapova: “It was obviously a challenging decision, you know, from both of our ends.”
She said it has been off since the spring, so those reports of a November wedding may be off. She said that the reason the Camelot-like romance fell apart was careers and schedules, for example he had not been home in the 10 months since he signed to play in Turkey.
I just celebrated my 10-year wedding anniversary, so I have at least some skill at keeping a woman from walking out the door on me, and I would say not being home in 10 months will get you in trouble pretty much every time. Just my opinion, but I feel pretty confident on that one.
We now return you to our usual dog-days TMZ programming…
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47