Aug 31, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
I’m sure this brings a tear to your eye…
OK, not really. It’s more offseason distraction. But let’s be honest here — you have no shot at her. So back off that fantasy.
Anyway, it’s true. The rumors that former Laker and Net (and current Turkish league player) Sasha Vujacic and tennis icon Maria Sharapova have ended their engagement are true. She confirmed it in a press conference at the U.S. Open.
Adds Sharapova: “It was obviously a challenging decision, you know, from both of our ends.”
She said it has been off since the spring, so those reports of a November wedding may be off. She said that the reason the Camelot-like romance fell apart was careers and schedules, for example he had not been home in the 10 months since he signed to play in Turkey.
I just celebrated my 10-year wedding anniversary, so I have at least some skill at keeping a woman from walking out the door on me, and I would say not being home in 10 months will get you in trouble pretty much every time. Just my opinion, but I feel pretty confident on that one.
We now return you to our usual dog-days TMZ programming…
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10