Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Yao Ming RT @LeonD17: @ShaneBattier Best player you played with other than lebron and dwade
When you look at Battier’s other teammates over the years it makes sense. Tracy McGrady was on some of those Rockets teams but by that time it was a broken down McGrady who was a shell of his former self. There was Pau Gasol in Memphis, but peak Yao was better than peak Gasol.
Some tend to think of slowed, often-injured Yao first, but the Yao of 2004-2007 was a force of nature. He averaged better than 22 points and 10 rebounds a game twice, shot 52 percent for his career and could both dominate on the low block and knock down a midrange jumper. He was almost impossible to defend.
Yao was a great player who had his body betray him at too young an age. A loss for all of us.
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 93
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- If Spurs win, Tony Parker should be the Finals MVP 24
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (95)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'