Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
Yao Ming RT @LeonD17: @ShaneBattier Best player you played with other than lebron and dwade
When you look at Battier’s other teammates over the years it makes sense. Tracy McGrady was on some of those Rockets teams but by that time it was a broken down McGrady who was a shell of his former self. There was Pau Gasol in Memphis, but peak Yao was better than peak Gasol.
Some tend to think of slowed, often-injured Yao first, but the Yao of 2004-2007 was a force of nature. He averaged better than 22 points and 10 rebounds a game twice, shot 52 percent for his career and could both dominate on the low block and knock down a midrange jumper. He was almost impossible to defend.
Yao was a great player who had his body betray him at too young an age. A loss for all of us.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15