Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
There are two franchises where an NBA championship is just expected by a fan base — the Lakers and Celtics. They are not going to win it every year (although combined they have won half of the NBA’s championships) but fans and the front offices expect to be in the mix every year.
“We have high expectations every year… I think we got a lot better than last year.”
Rondo is in China on a Nike-sponsored tour. And he is right, the Celtics will be deeper and better than last year. The question remains is that going to be enough?
I don’t think so, I think they need a lot of things to go right to have a shot. Miami will be better and they are still the team to beat in the East. And the entire NBA if you ask league executives. But even if the Heat falter a little and he Celtics can win the East there are questions about how they would fare against the Lakers or the Thunder out of the West.
But I wouldn’t want Rondo to say or think anything else. He’s a Celtic, he should be thinking title.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18