Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
There are two franchises where an NBA championship is just expected by a fan base — the Lakers and Celtics. They are not going to win it every year (although combined they have won half of the NBA’s championships) but fans and the front offices expect to be in the mix every year.
“We have high expectations every year… I think we got a lot better than last year.”
Rondo is in China on a Nike-sponsored tour. And he is right, the Celtics will be deeper and better than last year. The question remains is that going to be enough?
I don’t think so, I think they need a lot of things to go right to have a shot. Miami will be better and they are still the team to beat in the East. And the entire NBA if you ask league executives. But even if the Heat falter a little and he Celtics can win the East there are questions about how they would fare against the Lakers or the Thunder out of the West.
But I wouldn’t want Rondo to say or think anything else. He’s a Celtic, he should be thinking title.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16