Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
There are two franchises where an NBA championship is just expected by a fan base — the Lakers and Celtics. They are not going to win it every year (although combined they have won half of the NBA’s championships) but fans and the front offices expect to be in the mix every year.
“We have high expectations every year… I think we got a lot better than last year.”
Rondo is in China on a Nike-sponsored tour. And he is right, the Celtics will be deeper and better than last year. The question remains is that going to be enough?
I don’t think so, I think they need a lot of things to go right to have a shot. Miami will be better and they are still the team to beat in the East. And the entire NBA if you ask league executives. But even if the Heat falter a little and he Celtics can win the East there are questions about how they would fare against the Lakers or the Thunder out of the West.
But I wouldn’t want Rondo to say or think anything else. He’s a Celtic, he should be thinking title.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 17
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 17
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4