Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
The Boston Celtics went another direction and decided not to bring back Mickaël Piétrus, making the French guard a free agent. Since then he has had talks with the Bucks and a few other teams, but nothing has materialized.
Nothing concrete, but Kahn has spoken with Mickaël Piétrus’ camp. Suppose if Kahn moves a guard, he could become an option.
That would be David Kahn, Timberwolves GM. He has had some exploratory talks with teams about trading a guard (we’re looking at you, Luke Ridnour) to free up cash so he can sign Anthony Tolliver for more than the minimum. But then he would need to ink one more guard for depth purposes.
Piétrus is one of those guys who will get a spot somewhere this season, the nine-year veteran will get an offer from some team after an injury or trade forces the squad to look for depth. But Piétrus was never a terribly efficient scorer and the last two seasons he has shot under 40 percent (and a pedestrian 33.5 percent from three), so teams are not racing to add him right now. He’s a fallback for the minimum guy.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10