Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics went another direction and decided not to bring back Mickaël Piétrus, making the French guard a free agent. Since then he has had talks with the Bucks and a few other teams, but nothing has materialized.
Nothing concrete, but Kahn has spoken with Mickaël Piétrus’ camp. Suppose if Kahn moves a guard, he could become an option.
That would be David Kahn, Timberwolves GM. He has had some exploratory talks with teams about trading a guard (we’re looking at you, Luke Ridnour) to free up cash so he can sign Anthony Tolliver for more than the minimum. But then he would need to ink one more guard for depth purposes.
Piétrus is one of those guys who will get a spot somewhere this season, the nine-year veteran will get an offer from some team after an injury or trade forces the squad to look for depth. But Piétrus was never a terribly efficient scorer and the last two seasons he has shot under 40 percent (and a pedestrian 33.5 percent from three), so teams are not racing to add him right now. He’s a fallback for the minimum guy.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43