Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics went another direction and decided not to bring back Mickaël Piétrus, making the French guard a free agent. Since then he has had talks with the Bucks and a few other teams, but nothing has materialized.
Nothing concrete, but Kahn has spoken with Mickaël Piétrus’ camp. Suppose if Kahn moves a guard, he could become an option.
That would be David Kahn, Timberwolves GM. He has had some exploratory talks with teams about trading a guard (we’re looking at you, Luke Ridnour) to free up cash so he can sign Anthony Tolliver for more than the minimum. But then he would need to ink one more guard for depth purposes.
Piétrus is one of those guys who will get a spot somewhere this season, the nine-year veteran will get an offer from some team after an injury or trade forces the squad to look for depth. But Piétrus was never a terribly efficient scorer and the last two seasons he has shot under 40 percent (and a pedestrian 33.5 percent from three), so teams are not racing to add him right now. He’s a fallback for the minimum guy.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18