Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics went another direction and decided not to bring back Mickaël Piétrus, making the French guard a free agent. Since then he has had talks with the Bucks and a few other teams, but nothing has materialized.
Nothing concrete, but Kahn has spoken with Mickaël Piétrus’ camp. Suppose if Kahn moves a guard, he could become an option.
That would be David Kahn, Timberwolves GM. He has had some exploratory talks with teams about trading a guard (we’re looking at you, Luke Ridnour) to free up cash so he can sign Anthony Tolliver for more than the minimum. But then he would need to ink one more guard for depth purposes.
Piétrus is one of those guys who will get a spot somewhere this season, the nine-year veteran will get an offer from some team after an injury or trade forces the squad to look for depth. But Piétrus was never a terribly efficient scorer and the last two seasons he has shot under 40 percent (and a pedestrian 33.5 percent from three), so teams are not racing to add him right now. He’s a fallback for the minimum guy.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21