Aug 31, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics went another direction and decided not to bring back Mickaël Piétrus, making the French guard a free agent. Since then he has had talks with the Bucks and a few other teams, but nothing has materialized.
Nothing concrete, but Kahn has spoken with Mickaël Piétrus’ camp. Suppose if Kahn moves a guard, he could become an option.
That would be David Kahn, Timberwolves GM. He has had some exploratory talks with teams about trading a guard (we’re looking at you, Luke Ridnour) to free up cash so he can sign Anthony Tolliver for more than the minimum. But then he would need to ink one more guard for depth purposes.
Piétrus is one of those guys who will get a spot somewhere this season, the nine-year veteran will get an offer from some team after an injury or trade forces the squad to look for depth. But Piétrus was never a terribly efficient scorer and the last two seasons he has shot under 40 percent (and a pedestrian 33.5 percent from three), so teams are not racing to add him right now. He’s a fallback for the minimum guy.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 17
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 45
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 71
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16