Aug 31, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
That video is from a Spanish-language broadcast (you’re going to figure that out pretty quickly) and interview with James Harden.
Nothing earth shattering revealed here. He says the Thunder are young and improving. That they have a real brotherhood. He does pick Kobe Bryant as the best player he’s seen, but he throws in a Durant mention as well.
And he says for about the 346,298th time that he wants to remain with the Thunder after next season. To briefly recap, after the Serge Ibaka deal the Thunder will have to go into the luxury tax area (at least $7 million, maybe more) to secure Harden a max deal next season. If they don’t offer it another team will and they will have to match. It comes down to that. I fully expect the Thunder will let this go until next summer than match the max offer he gets, but it will have to play out. And while it does Harden will keep saying — in every language — how much he wants to be on the Thunder.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 47
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61