Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
If Cleveland is going to take any steps forward this season it’s going to be about Kyrie Irving. Yes, they need Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson to step up, to be part of the Cavaliers future, but Irving is the guy.
That would be the Irving who had hand surgery this summer after he fractured his hand hitting a wall at a Summer League practice. Sam Amico of Fox Sports Florida updates us on Irving’s status (via twitter).
Ahead of schedule. Cavs heading to CLE Tuesday. Kyrie should be ready for camp Oct. 1. RT @SteelTigersCavs How is@KyrieIrving coming along?
Not really new or unexpected (he was supposed to be ready for the start of camp), but still good news for Cleveland fans. And basketball fans in general — Irving is just a joy to watch.
Cavs coach Byron Scott now has a full training camp to get his young charges in line.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4