Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
If Cleveland is going to take any steps forward this season it’s going to be about Kyrie Irving. Yes, they need Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson to step up, to be part of the Cavaliers future, but Irving is the guy.
That would be the Irving who had hand surgery this summer after he fractured his hand hitting a wall at a Summer League practice. Sam Amico of Fox Sports Florida updates us on Irving’s status (via twitter).
Ahead of schedule. Cavs heading to CLE Tuesday. Kyrie should be ready for camp Oct. 1. RT @SteelTigersCavs How is@KyrieIrving coming along?
Not really new or unexpected (he was supposed to be ready for the start of camp), but still good news for Cleveland fans. And basketball fans in general — Irving is just a joy to watch.
Cavs coach Byron Scott now has a full training camp to get his young charges in line.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11