Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
If Cleveland is going to take any steps forward this season it’s going to be about Kyrie Irving. Yes, they need Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson to step up, to be part of the Cavaliers future, but Irving is the guy.
That would be the Irving who had hand surgery this summer after he fractured his hand hitting a wall at a Summer League practice. Sam Amico of Fox Sports Florida updates us on Irving’s status (via twitter).
Ahead of schedule. Cavs heading to CLE Tuesday. Kyrie should be ready for camp Oct. 1. RT @SteelTigersCavs How is@KyrieIrving coming along?
Not really new or unexpected (he was supposed to be ready for the start of camp), but still good news for Cleveland fans. And basketball fans in general — Irving is just a joy to watch.
Cavs coach Byron Scott now has a full training camp to get his young charges in line.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18