Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
If Cleveland is going to take any steps forward this season it’s going to be about Kyrie Irving. Yes, they need Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson to step up, to be part of the Cavaliers future, but Irving is the guy.
That would be the Irving who had hand surgery this summer after he fractured his hand hitting a wall at a Summer League practice. Sam Amico of Fox Sports Florida updates us on Irving’s status (via twitter).
Ahead of schedule. Cavs heading to CLE Tuesday. Kyrie should be ready for camp Oct. 1. RT @SteelTigersCavs How is@KyrieIrving coming along?
Not really new or unexpected (he was supposed to be ready for the start of camp), but still good news for Cleveland fans. And basketball fans in general — Irving is just a joy to watch.
Cavs coach Byron Scott now has a full training camp to get his young charges in line.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 0
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 26
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29