Aug 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
If Cleveland is going to take any steps forward this season it’s going to be about Kyrie Irving. Yes, they need Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson to step up, to be part of the Cavaliers future, but Irving is the guy.
That would be the Irving who had hand surgery this summer after he fractured his hand hitting a wall at a Summer League practice. Sam Amico of Fox Sports Florida updates us on Irving’s status (via twitter).
Ahead of schedule. Cavs heading to CLE Tuesday. Kyrie should be ready for camp Oct. 1. RT @SteelTigersCavs How is@KyrieIrving coming along?
Not really new or unexpected (he was supposed to be ready for the start of camp), but still good news for Cleveland fans. And basketball fans in general — Irving is just a joy to watch.
Cavs coach Byron Scott now has a full training camp to get his young charges in line.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45