Aug 31, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
When Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and the rest of the Brooklyn Nets go to practice they have to head out the Lincoln Tunnel on the 495 West toward East Rutherford, New Jersey. The same practice facility the Nets have had for years.
It’s a 40-minute drive from Brooklyn to New Jersey to practice, and that’s if you don’t hit any traffic. And good luck with that. It’s why a lot of Nets players are splitting the difference and living in places like Hoboken (home of Frank Sinatra, thank you very much).
But the Nets are still looking hard for a practice facility in Brooklyn, they just can’t find one, reports Crain’s New York (via SLAM).
The search for a Brooklyn location has been going on for over a year now. Last year, the Nets weighed three sites in Brooklyn, according to another real estate source. But team officials decided not to pursue those opportunities because a number of key players reside in New Jersey and wanted to practice closer to home, the source said. The Nets also have a lease on the facility in East Rutherford that runs through June 2015….
Last year, General Manager Billy King told reporters who follow the team that the Nets plan to build a new practice facility for the 2013-2014 season.
Build is the most likely option, but all they have to do is find affordable land to do it on in the New York area. They’d have better luck finding a day without traffic for the commute to East Rutherford.
But they are looking and you can expect an announcement in the next year about the Nets new facility. Somewhere.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 24
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games