Aug 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
The Charlotte Observer reports that Josh Howard, who is from Carolina and attended Wake Forest, is in Charlotte working out for the Bobcats as he continues to look for an NBA team.
Former Wake Forest forward Josh Howard is doing some workouts with the Charlotte Bobcats this week, president of basketball operations Rod Higgins confirmed.
The Bobcats’ interest in Howard at this point is still exploratory, as they consider ways to fill out their roster. The Bobcats would like to have another power forward, and have previously considered Antawn Jamison, Kris Humphries and Carl Landry, who all signed elsewhere. Howard, 6-7, has played both power and small forward.
The Bobcats could use Howard to not only improve their depth (since pretty much anything is an improvement on their depth from last year), but help Michael Kidd-Gilchrist adjust to the NBA game. Howard fit in well with the Jazz last season, before an injury futzed with things. Ty Corbin took valuable minutes away from sparkplug DeMarre Carroll last year to keep Howard in the starting lineup for his experience.
Howard is a long way from his All-Star season in 2007, but could still help the Cats out. Again, only one way for them to go up, really.
Yahoo Sports reports that Howard could also get interest from the Knicks. Well, Howard’s a player who was great four years ago with injury issues, so yeah, that makes sense. But Howard also makes sense for New York. He’s a veteran defender and the Knicks like playing with guys with experience.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16