Aug 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
The Charlotte Observer reports that Josh Howard, who is from Carolina and attended Wake Forest, is in Charlotte working out for the Bobcats as he continues to look for an NBA team.
Former Wake Forest forward Josh Howard is doing some workouts with the Charlotte Bobcats this week, president of basketball operations Rod Higgins confirmed.
The Bobcats’ interest in Howard at this point is still exploratory, as they consider ways to fill out their roster. The Bobcats would like to have another power forward, and have previously considered Antawn Jamison, Kris Humphries and Carl Landry, who all signed elsewhere. Howard, 6-7, has played both power and small forward.
The Bobcats could use Howard to not only improve their depth (since pretty much anything is an improvement on their depth from last year), but help Michael Kidd-Gilchrist adjust to the NBA game. Howard fit in well with the Jazz last season, before an injury futzed with things. Ty Corbin took valuable minutes away from sparkplug DeMarre Carroll last year to keep Howard in the starting lineup for his experience.
Howard is a long way from his All-Star season in 2007, but could still help the Cats out. Again, only one way for them to go up, really.
Yahoo Sports reports that Howard could also get interest from the Knicks. Well, Howard’s a player who was great four years ago with injury issues, so yeah, that makes sense. But Howard also makes sense for New York. He’s a veteran defender and the Knicks like playing with guys with experience.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 0
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 8
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 34
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (66)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay