Aug 30, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
At this point, you have to wonder if the Nets will be sad when they have no more roster spots to spend money on. Yahoo Sports reports that the Nets are considering several options for their final two available roster spots including… Eddy Curry.
The Nets could use Curry. They’re not particularly loaded down low and even with Reggie Evans, having some center insurance wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. But Curry (along with Hilton Armstrong, also mentioned by Yahoo!) isn’t the only player they’re looking at. The Nets have 13 players, leaving them two spots to spend money on. And they love spending money on players.
The New York Post reports:
The Nets were expected to sign Donte Green, but a possible fractured ankle leaves that in doubt.
While Childress gives them a high amount of athleticism, and James provides much the same, Young might honestly be the best option. The second unit could struggle to create points outside of MarShon Brooks, and Young is a willing defender from his time in Memphis. He needs to not have the ball in his hands, but on a team like the Nets, that shouldn’t be an issue.
Either way, can’t wait for the Nets to petition the league to allow them to sign 20 guys even if they can still only dress 12.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5