Aug 29, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Now he has officially signed the papers, tweets Michael Lee of the Washington Post. While terms were not disclosed you can bet this is a minimum deal or pretty darned close to it.
It’s also a good roll of the dice for the Wizards at the end of the roster. Webster was a former No. 6 pick of the Trail Blazers but has never really lived up to that standing. The Wizards need shooters to space the floor and last year Webster hit 37 percent from beyond the arc, so look for him to get used in that role. Webster is also a good defender, but he has never been the scorer we all expected.
Webster is a guy who can play his way into minutes on the Wizards if her performs. If not, they will develop other guys.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11