Aug 29, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Now he has officially signed the papers, tweets Michael Lee of the Washington Post. While terms were not disclosed you can bet this is a minimum deal or pretty darned close to it.
It’s also a good roll of the dice for the Wizards at the end of the roster. Webster was a former No. 6 pick of the Trail Blazers but has never really lived up to that standing. The Wizards need shooters to space the floor and last year Webster hit 37 percent from beyond the arc, so look for him to get used in that role. Webster is also a good defender, but he has never been the scorer we all expected.
Webster is a guy who can play his way into minutes on the Wizards if her performs. If not, they will develop other guys.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 6
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1