Aug 29, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Now he has officially signed the papers, tweets Michael Lee of the Washington Post. While terms were not disclosed you can bet this is a minimum deal or pretty darned close to it.
It’s also a good roll of the dice for the Wizards at the end of the roster. Webster was a former No. 6 pick of the Trail Blazers but has never really lived up to that standing. The Wizards need shooters to space the floor and last year Webster hit 37 percent from beyond the arc, so look for him to get used in that role. Webster is also a good defender, but he has never been the scorer we all expected.
Webster is a guy who can play his way into minutes on the Wizards if her performs. If not, they will develop other guys.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9