Aug 29, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Now he has officially signed the papers, tweets Michael Lee of the Washington Post. While terms were not disclosed you can bet this is a minimum deal or pretty darned close to it.
It’s also a good roll of the dice for the Wizards at the end of the roster. Webster was a former No. 6 pick of the Trail Blazers but has never really lived up to that standing. The Wizards need shooters to space the floor and last year Webster hit 37 percent from beyond the arc, so look for him to get used in that role. Webster is also a good defender, but he has never been the scorer we all expected.
Webster is a guy who can play his way into minutes on the Wizards if her performs. If not, they will develop other guys.
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 12
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 12
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23