Aug 29, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Now he has officially signed the papers, tweets Michael Lee of the Washington Post. While terms were not disclosed you can bet this is a minimum deal or pretty darned close to it.
It’s also a good roll of the dice for the Wizards at the end of the roster. Webster was a former No. 6 pick of the Trail Blazers but has never really lived up to that standing. The Wizards need shooters to space the floor and last year Webster hit 37 percent from beyond the arc, so look for him to get used in that role. Webster is also a good defender, but he has never been the scorer we all expected.
Webster is a guy who can play his way into minutes on the Wizards if her performs. If not, they will develop other guys.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 3
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 27
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13