Video: Watch Dwight Howard block a kid’s shots in pop-a-shot

Aug 29, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers Introduce Dwight Howard Getty Images

First, my favorite part of this video is that the pop-a-shot game in China has chain-link metal nets like you would see on an outdoor, black top court. I love that sound.

Aside that, this Dwight Howard is doing his Dwight Howard clowning around thing. He’s hamming it up on his tour of China where he is trying to sell shoes (adidas) and rehab his image. Which is going to take a lot of work and some rings on this side of the Pacific, but over in China they may not care. Howard is goofing off, playing pop-a-shot and blocking some poor kid’s shots.

By the way, clearly Dwight’s back is doing well enough he can take extended international flights. A few weeks back he couldn’t take a plane across the country to see the kids at his own youth camp. So apparently that back is making some rapid progress. I’m sure that’s it. What else could it be?

Hat tip to Ball Don’t Lie.

1. cosanostra71 - Aug 29, 2012 at 6:42 PM

that kid is a machine, wow

2. eugenesaxe - Aug 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Yeah, those cross-country trips to attend your own camp are so much rougher than trans-oceanic trips to make money. What scum.

3. lakerluver - Aug 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Dwight’s image will be fine as soon as he steps back on the court in those beautiful PURPLE AND GOLD uniforms. Winning seems to repair images pretty quickly. People need to get over it. The worst thing anybody can say about the dude is he didn’t handle his departure from Orlando the way that THEY would’ve wanted him to.

• scalfor3 - Aug 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

he handled his departure like a total d*ckwad. its ok to admit that, even though youre a lakers fan

4. timb12 - Aug 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Maybe I’m bias, but the whole thing seemed like a jerk move. I’d be upset if I was playing Dwight and he wasn’t trying, and then if he blocked me? I’d probably still be grabbing on his ankles. JVG style.

5. lakerluver - Aug 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Sorry, I don’t agree. ^^^

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches