Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Recently in New Jersey was the Rookie Transition Program — where for a few days just drafted NBA rookies sit in a classroom and learn what NBA life will be like off the court. They are warned of the friends and family who will come with hands out for money. Of the women who will be looking to take advantage of them as well. They talk about the scams, the obligations and more.
Think back to all the lessons you learned about life in a classroom — how many stuck in the real world?
Still the NBA tries, and here is a video giving you some insight into what they learned.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 35
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23