Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
Recently in New Jersey was the Rookie Transition Program — where for a few days just drafted NBA rookies sit in a classroom and learn what NBA life will be like off the court. They are warned of the friends and family who will come with hands out for money. Of the women who will be looking to take advantage of them as well. They talk about the scams, the obligations and more.
Think back to all the lessons you learned about life in a classroom — how many stuck in the real world?
Still the NBA tries, and here is a video giving you some insight into what they learned.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 4
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 6
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18