Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Recently in New Jersey was the Rookie Transition Program — where for a few days just drafted NBA rookies sit in a classroom and learn what NBA life will be like off the court. They are warned of the friends and family who will come with hands out for money. Of the women who will be looking to take advantage of them as well. They talk about the scams, the obligations and more.
Think back to all the lessons you learned about life in a classroom — how many stuck in the real world?
Still the NBA tries, and here is a video giving you some insight into what they learned.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11