Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Recently in New Jersey was the Rookie Transition Program — where for a few days just drafted NBA rookies sit in a classroom and learn what NBA life will be like off the court. They are warned of the friends and family who will come with hands out for money. Of the women who will be looking to take advantage of them as well. They talk about the scams, the obligations and more.
Think back to all the lessons you learned about life in a classroom — how many stuck in the real world?
Still the NBA tries, and here is a video giving you some insight into what they learned.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49