Aug 29, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
We were talking with you earlier today about how the Minnesota Timberwolves want to sign one more big man, but they are limited. They would like to bring back Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum. And Minnesota can’t offer more than that right now.
They’re still asking Anthony Tolliver to remain patient as they explore deals that would allow them to trade a guard and create salary-cap space to sign another player. Right now, they can only offer league-minimum contracts and you know guys like Tolliver and Mehmet Okur are waiting, looking for more than that.
That leaves J.J. Barea, Luke Ridnour and Malcolm Lee. Barea has three seasons and is owed $14.5 million, which is not an easy deal to move. Ridnour is owned $8.6 million over two years, a deal someone might take for a backup point. Lee is on a minimum deal for the next two seasons.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15