Aug 29, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
We were talking with you earlier today about how the Minnesota Timberwolves want to sign one more big man, but they are limited. They would like to bring back Anthony Tolliver but he wants more than the veteran minimum. And Minnesota can’t offer more than that right now.
They’re still asking Anthony Tolliver to remain patient as they explore deals that would allow them to trade a guard and create salary-cap space to sign another player. Right now, they can only offer league-minimum contracts and you know guys like Tolliver and Mehmet Okur are waiting, looking for more than that.
That leaves J.J. Barea, Luke Ridnour and Malcolm Lee. Barea has three seasons and is owed $14.5 million, which is not an easy deal to move. Ridnour is owned $8.6 million over two years, a deal someone might take for a backup point. Lee is on a minimum deal for the next two seasons.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 12
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 11
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 33
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games