Aug 29, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
Remember early last year, when Knicks fans were worried about when J.R. Smith could get out of his China contract and help the Knicks in the NBA playoffs, but everyone had to wait for his team to be eliminated from the playoffs?
Well, Stephon Marbury and his Beijing Ducks were never eliminated — they won the title. And Marbury would have been the MVP if the Chinese Basketball Association allowed foreign players to win such awards. But they don’t, so the good people of Beijing raised the money for a Marbury statue.
Well, here it is. Marbury sent this photo along with a nice email to the folks at GQ.
Good for Marbury.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 6
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18