Aug 29, 2012, 3:29 PM EST
Remember early last year, when Knicks fans were worried about when J.R. Smith could get out of his China contract and help the Knicks in the NBA playoffs, but everyone had to wait for his team to be eliminated from the playoffs?
Well, Stephon Marbury and his Beijing Ducks were never eliminated — they won the title. And Marbury would have been the MVP if the Chinese Basketball Association allowed foreign players to win such awards. But they don’t, so the good people of Beijing raised the money for a Marbury statue.
Well, here it is. Marbury sent this photo along with a nice email to the folks at GQ.
Good for Marbury.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8