Aug 29, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
Remember early last year, when Knicks fans were worried about when J.R. Smith could get out of his China contract and help the Knicks in the NBA playoffs, but everyone had to wait for his team to be eliminated from the playoffs?
Well, Stephon Marbury and his Beijing Ducks were never eliminated — they won the title. And Marbury would have been the MVP if the Chinese Basketball Association allowed foreign players to win such awards. But they don’t, so the good people of Beijing raised the money for a Marbury statue.
Well, here it is. Marbury sent this photo along with a nice email to the folks at GQ.
Good for Marbury.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 3
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 29
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6