Aug 29, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
Remember early last year, when Knicks fans were worried about when J.R. Smith could get out of his China contract and help the Knicks in the NBA playoffs, but everyone had to wait for his team to be eliminated from the playoffs?
Well, Stephon Marbury and his Beijing Ducks were never eliminated — they won the title. And Marbury would have been the MVP if the Chinese Basketball Association allowed foreign players to win such awards. But they don’t, so the good people of Beijing raised the money for a Marbury statue.
Well, here it is. Marbury sent this photo along with a nice email to the folks at GQ.
Good for Marbury.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 2
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights