Aug 29, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Presenters are a ceremonial part of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame induction. They don’t actually do anything, but the ceremony calls for an already enshrined Hall of Famer to stand behind the inductee as he or she speaks about being inducted.
When Phil Knight — the founder of Nike — is enshrined next Friday night Michael Jordan will stand behind him.
When Reggie Miller and Jamaal Wilkes get their turn, Magic Johnson will be behind them.
The official list of presenters is out and you will see Celtics legend Bog Cousy (behind the person accepting for the late Don Barksdale), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (behind Ralph Sampson and Wilkes) and Charles Barkley (behind Miller and Sampson).
I’d say it’s another reason to watch the induction ceremony, except they don’t speak or have any real role. But they will be there. And you can see them.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)