Aug 29, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Presenters are a ceremonial part of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame induction. They don’t actually do anything, but the ceremony calls for an already enshrined Hall of Famer to stand behind the inductee as he or she speaks about being inducted.
When Phil Knight — the founder of Nike — is enshrined next Friday night Michael Jordan will stand behind him.
When Reggie Miller and Jamaal Wilkes get their turn, Magic Johnson will be behind them.
The official list of presenters is out and you will see Celtics legend Bog Cousy (behind the person accepting for the late Don Barksdale), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (behind Ralph Sampson and Wilkes) and Charles Barkley (behind Miller and Sampson).
I’d say it’s another reason to watch the induction ceremony, except they don’t speak or have any real role. But they will be there. And you can see them.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25