Aug 29, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Presenters are a ceremonial part of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame induction. They don’t actually do anything, but the ceremony calls for an already enshrined Hall of Famer to stand behind the inductee as he or she speaks about being inducted.
When Phil Knight — the founder of Nike — is enshrined next Friday night Michael Jordan will stand behind him.
When Reggie Miller and Jamaal Wilkes get their turn, Magic Johnson will be behind them.
The official list of presenters is out and you will see Celtics legend Bog Cousy (behind the person accepting for the late Don Barksdale), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (behind Ralph Sampson and Wilkes) and Charles Barkley (behind Miller and Sampson).
I’d say it’s another reason to watch the induction ceremony, except they don’t speak or have any real role. But they will be there. And you can see them.
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 5
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 41
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6