Aug 29, 2012, 9:42 AM EST
Dwyane Wade was not himself during the playoffs. Of course, and injured Wade still scored 22.8 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game, he’s that good, but you could tell he was slowed. So after the season, on July 9, he had knee surgery.
Wade is making the before-camp rounds on his book tour (he has a book on fatherhood coming out next month) but he is finding time to fit some court work in as well as he gets ready for the season.
Expect the Heat to lighten his workload during training camp (which starts in a month), they want to go slow and not push him. Wade and the Heat get that it’s not about November, it’s about him being right in June
The Heat open their season Oct. 30 against the Celtics at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 14
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0