Aug 29, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Dwyane Wade was not himself during the playoffs. Of course, and injured Wade still scored 22.8 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game, he’s that good, but you could tell he was slowed. So after the season, on July 9, he had knee surgery.
Wade is making the before-camp rounds on his book tour (he has a book on fatherhood coming out next month) but he is finding time to fit some court work in as well as he gets ready for the season.
Expect the Heat to lighten his workload during training camp (which starts in a month), they want to go slow and not push him. Wade and the Heat get that it’s not about November, it’s about him being right in June
The Heat open their season Oct. 30 against the Celtics at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14