Aug 29, 2012, 9:42 AM EST
Dwyane Wade was not himself during the playoffs. Of course, and injured Wade still scored 22.8 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game, he’s that good, but you could tell he was slowed. So after the season, on July 9, he had knee surgery.
Wade is making the before-camp rounds on his book tour (he has a book on fatherhood coming out next month) but he is finding time to fit some court work in as well as he gets ready for the season.
Expect the Heat to lighten his workload during training camp (which starts in a month), they want to go slow and not push him. Wade and the Heat get that it’s not about November, it’s about him being right in June
The Heat open their season Oct. 30 against the Celtics at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)