Aug 29, 2012, 9:42 AM EST
Dwyane Wade was not himself during the playoffs. Of course, and injured Wade still scored 22.8 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game, he’s that good, but you could tell he was slowed. So after the season, on July 9, he had knee surgery.
Wade is making the before-camp rounds on his book tour (he has a book on fatherhood coming out next month) but he is finding time to fit some court work in as well as he gets ready for the season.
Expect the Heat to lighten his workload during training camp (which starts in a month), they want to go slow and not push him. Wade and the Heat get that it’s not about November, it’s about him being right in June
The Heat open their season Oct. 30 against the Celtics at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 0
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 3
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 22
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10