Aug 29, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Dwyane Wade was not himself during the playoffs. Of course, and injured Wade still scored 22.8 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game, he’s that good, but you could tell he was slowed. So after the season, on July 9, he had knee surgery.
Wade is making the before-camp rounds on his book tour (he has a book on fatherhood coming out next month) but he is finding time to fit some court work in as well as he gets ready for the season.
Expect the Heat to lighten his workload during training camp (which starts in a month), they want to go slow and not push him. Wade and the Heat get that it’s not about November, it’s about him being right in June
The Heat open their season Oct. 30 against the Celtics at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64