Dwyane Wade gets back on the court. That’s a start.

Aug 29, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder v Miami Heat - Game Five Getty Images

Dwyane Wade was not himself during the playoffs. Of course, and injured Wade still scored 22.8 points and grabbed 5.2 rebounds a game, he’s that good, but you could tell he was slowed. So after the season, on July 9, he had knee surgery.

Tuesday, Wade was back on the court for the first time, he tweeted (via Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel).

Wade is making the before-camp rounds on his book tour (he has a book on fatherhood coming out next month) but he is finding time to fit some court work in as well as he gets ready for the season.

Expect the Heat to lighten his workload during training camp (which starts in a month), they want to go slow and not push him. Wade and the Heat get that it’s not about November, it’s about him being right in June

The Heat open their season Oct. 30 against the Celtics at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami.

1. canehouse - Aug 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Welcome back D!!!

2. dls612 - Aug 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Imagine how much he will contribute now that he’s healthy, which makes Miami much more dangerous!

• cantonbound13 - Aug 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM

It’s great, he has 2 extra months to perfect his flopping & whining skills.

3. miamatt - Aug 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM

The the updates about DWade and Mike Miller the past two days. The season is creeping closer, and I can’t wait to see how my Miami Heat look when it all gets started.

4. lakerluver - Aug 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

If Wade doesn’t develop a reliable jumper his productivity is going to decrease as he gets older. I don’t think last season–especially his playoffs performance–was an aberration.

• dls612 - Aug 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM

U can say the same thing about kobe or any player! ( kobeluver! ) As of rite now wade is fine!

• zmarchbank - Aug 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Kobe has a jumper.

• miamatt - Aug 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that last season was what we are going to see from Wade from here on out- he’s been injured before and come back fierce. Still, once a player hits 30 you can’t dismiss the possibility outright.

I do agree 100% he needs to improve his jumper big time to stay productive and efficient as he ages. Wade actually did improve it vastly during his first two years in the league over where he was in college. He’ll need to make a similar leap now, and could be on his way as Wade has been working with a shooting coach this summer for the first time in his career. I wouldn’t bet against champion and competitor like Wade.

Still, Miami is best when Wade and James say no to the jump shot and yes to dunking on whoever is standing under the rim. But making teams pay for leaving them open would make them that much deadlier.

5. lakerluver - Aug 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM

@zmarchbank
    Thanks, I was gonna say the same exact thing. Kobe has every shot and move known to man. That’s why even this late in his career he’s still the best sg in the NBA. All I’m saying is Wade has been a great player because of his athleticism not fundementals. As he gets older he’s going to lose much of that athleticism. If he doesn’t have anything else to go to he ends up like A. I. Of course Wade is bigger and stronger than Iverson but he takes similar punishment every time he attacks the rim. Even though Heat fans don’t realize this, Wade does. Why else did he talk about working on his jump shot this off-season?

6. lakerluver - Aug 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM

For the record, @dis612, I’m a LAKERS lover, Kobe just happens to be the star of the team. I was just as fanatical when Magic was the star. I love Magic, Worthy, Rambis and Cooper just as much as Kobe. Though I do believe overall he is the greatest LAKER. Thanks for letting me clear that up. Carry on!!

7. paulhargis53 - Aug 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Pay no attention to the lump in Lakersuckers pants. He tends to get a bit excited when talking about his favorite players. It’s a little odd, but he does love his large black men dressed in purple and gold.

8. lakerluver - Aug 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Dude, I’m no longer going to feed your pathetic plea for attention. You can’t post anything without including my name in it. The sad thing is other posters have even called you out for your sick obsession with me. This is the last reply you will get from me. I’m here to debate sports with “real” sports fans like myself. I will no longer indulge your sick need for approval. Get your rocks off on someone else, loser.

9. paulhargis53 - Aug 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It sure took you long enough to figure it out. But, I doubt you will hold to your word.

I really don’t care what anyone on here thinks of me.

I will continue to belittle you, because you are the most idiotic homer on this site.

Don’t answer, it doesn’t matter. Your responses to me were lame and beyond ridiculous anyway.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches