Aug 28, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Pau Gasol is in Chad right now, working with UNICEF on important food crisis in the country and trying to bring light to it, and he spoke with ESPNLA.com about it. Yes, Gasol talks about Dwight Howard and the Princeton offense, but all of that is secondary (at best) to the humanitarian crisis in Africa. One of the best reads today.
• The new VORPed shooting charts are amazing. I’m going to spend a lot of time on those.
• The new Barclays Center in Brooklyn has an intentional rust-style design on the outside. It’s not loved by all.
• Five NBA players who should host Saturday Night Live. I love the idea of Blake Griffin.
• A fantastic story on the best wheelchair basketball player in the world.
• Ime Udoka has been hired as an assistant coach with the Spurs.
• A report the Cavaliers are happy with Omri Casspi and may not trade him this season. Well, at least until they get an offer they like. (Right now there is a steady flow of reports on how teams love what a player has done/improved on this summer. Take them with a lot of salt.)
• Someone wrote a musical about the NBA lockout. Ken Berger and Howard Beck will hang out in the lobby of the theater eating pizza.
• Wes Unseld Jr. is joining the Orlando Magic staff.
• The Warriors have an advisory committee put together for the new stadium they want to build in San Francisco.
• A report saying the NBA could someday return to Vancouver. Don’t bet on it.
• Shelden Williams has inked a deal with Chalon in France.
• Anthony Mason Jr. will compete against Williams after signing with the French team Cholet.
• Rashad McCants was going to play with SIG Strasbourg in France but failed his physical.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10