Aug 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
This is a smart move by the Orlando Magic. Exactly the kind of risks they should take during this rebuild.
They may be taking on a second year player the Celtics liked last year but couldn’t keep in their “win now” mode. From Joshua Robins of the Orlando Sentinel on twitter.
The #Magic expect to sign former #Celtics G E’Twaun Moore in the coming days, the @OrlandoSentinel has learned….. E’Twaun Moore should provide depth at both guard spots & could compete with Ish Smith for the backup PG role.
Moore is a guy who seems to be improving. He got in just 38 games for the Celtics last year and shot just 38.1 percent when he did. He turned the ball over too much and just generally looked like a rookie.
But at Summer League in Orlando back in July he looked good for Boston, he may have been their best player. He was way more consistent than Jared Sullinger and he showed some real potential. Like he should get some minutes next year potential.
But alas, that is not what was in the cards with the Celtics. If this is finalized, he should get some run in Orlando and have a chance to prove he has a spot in the league.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 0
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 22
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36