Aug 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
This is a smart move by the Orlando Magic. Exactly the kind of risks they should take during this rebuild.
They may be taking on a second year player the Celtics liked last year but couldn’t keep in their “win now” mode. From Joshua Robins of the Orlando Sentinel on twitter.
The #Magic expect to sign former #Celtics G E’Twaun Moore in the coming days, the @OrlandoSentinel has learned….. E’Twaun Moore should provide depth at both guard spots & could compete with Ish Smith for the backup PG role.
Moore is a guy who seems to be improving. He got in just 38 games for the Celtics last year and shot just 38.1 percent when he did. He turned the ball over too much and just generally looked like a rookie.
But at Summer League in Orlando back in July he looked good for Boston, he may have been their best player. He was way more consistent than Jared Sullinger and he showed some real potential. Like he should get some minutes next year potential.
But alas, that is not what was in the cards with the Celtics. If this is finalized, he should get some run in Orlando and have a chance to prove he has a spot in the league.
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 4
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 44
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 30