Aug 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
This is a smart move by the Orlando Magic. Exactly the kind of risks they should take during this rebuild.
They may be taking on a second year player the Celtics liked last year but couldn’t keep in their “win now” mode. From Joshua Robins of the Orlando Sentinel on twitter.
The #Magic expect to sign former #Celtics G E’Twaun Moore in the coming days, the @OrlandoSentinel has learned….. E’Twaun Moore should provide depth at both guard spots & could compete with Ish Smith for the backup PG role.
Moore is a guy who seems to be improving. He got in just 38 games for the Celtics last year and shot just 38.1 percent when he did. He turned the ball over too much and just generally looked like a rookie.
But at Summer League in Orlando back in July he looked good for Boston, he may have been their best player. He was way more consistent than Jared Sullinger and he showed some real potential. Like he should get some minutes next year potential.
But alas, that is not what was in the cards with the Celtics. If this is finalized, he should get some run in Orlando and have a chance to prove he has a spot in the league.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48