Aug 28, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
This is a smart move by the Orlando Magic. Exactly the kind of risks they should take during this rebuild.
They may be taking on a second year player the Celtics liked last year but couldn’t keep in their “win now” mode. From Joshua Robins of the Orlando Sentinel on twitter.
The #Magic expect to sign former #Celtics G E’Twaun Moore in the coming days, the @OrlandoSentinel has learned….. E’Twaun Moore should provide depth at both guard spots & could compete with Ish Smith for the backup PG role.
Moore is a guy who seems to be improving. He got in just 38 games for the Celtics last year and shot just 38.1 percent when he did. He turned the ball over too much and just generally looked like a rookie.
But at Summer League in Orlando back in July he looked good for Boston, he may have been their best player. He was way more consistent than Jared Sullinger and he showed some real potential. Like he should get some minutes next year potential.
But alas, that is not what was in the cards with the Celtics. If this is finalized, he should get some run in Orlando and have a chance to prove he has a spot in the league.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37