Aug 28, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Scottie Pippen is back on the Dream Team.
Not that he technically was ever off it, he still has a gold medal at home to prove he was in Barcelona in 1992 along with Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson and the rest of the Dream Team.
However, this year’s NBA 2K13 is going to have the Dream Team on it and the first version was without Pippen because he could not reach a licensing deal with the game’s makers. Everyone else could, not Pippen. So he was left off. And that created a buzz on the Web about why this just seemed wrong.
Problem solved — the two sides have reached a deal, 2K Sports announced.
Now when you play the Dream Team against this year’s Charlotte Bobcats, you will have Pippen to go to for some lock down defense. Just to make sure you win by 150.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 15
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9