Aug 28, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Scottie Pippen is back on the Dream Team.
Not that he technically was ever off it, he still has a gold medal at home to prove he was in Barcelona in 1992 along with Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson and the rest of the Dream Team.
However, this year’s NBA 2K13 is going to have the Dream Team on it and the first version was without Pippen because he could not reach a licensing deal with the game’s makers. Everyone else could, not Pippen. So he was left off. And that created a buzz on the Web about why this just seemed wrong.
Problem solved — the two sides have reached a deal, 2K Sports announced.
Now when you play the Dream Team against this year’s Charlotte Bobcats, you will have Pippen to go to for some lock down defense. Just to make sure you win by 150.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65