Aug 28, 2012, 1:37 PM EST
Scottie Pippen is back on the Dream Team.
Not that he technically was ever off it, he still has a gold medal at home to prove he was in Barcelona in 1992 along with Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Magic Johnson and the rest of the Dream Team.
However, this year’s NBA 2K13 is going to have the Dream Team on it and the first version was without Pippen because he could not reach a licensing deal with the game’s makers. Everyone else could, not Pippen. So he was left off. And that created a buzz on the Web about why this just seemed wrong.
Problem solved — the two sides have reached a deal, 2K Sports announced.
Now when you play the Dream Team against this year’s Charlotte Bobcats, you will have Pippen to go to for some lock down defense. Just to make sure you win by 150.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)