Aug 28, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
You really need to go right now and read the entire Washington Post Q&A with Kevin Durant by Michael Lee. Don’t worry, we’ll wait for you. Durant talks about acting. About winning gold medal. About losing in the NBA finals. About doing a rap album.
Wait… what? Durant a rapper?
That’s what he said. Durant talked about going in and laying down a verse on Stephen Jackson’s new album.
I enjoy doing a lot of different things. I’m a basketball player. That’s what I do and what I love but that’s just not all who I am. I’m talented in a lot of different areas. Rapping is one of those things I just enjoy doing. I have fun doing. Stephen Jackson is pretty good. He’s a nice rapper. It’s a privilege to be on a song with him. It’s not one of those songs where you’re just talking about how much money you got. It’s one of those inspirational kind of deals.
So KD, you thinking about your own album?
I think I’m going to do something. I have some resources and some nice people that’s going to help me out. I have a studio in my house already. Maybe I might put out a little something and have a little something.
Can’t really see Durant doing the stereotypical album or video. His videos will not look like Pitbull’s. But despite his squeaky-clean image, Durant is a more complex guy. He’s humble, but you don’t get to be the leading scorer on an Olympic team with LeBron James and Kobe Bryant without some confidence. The kind of confidence that spills over to the other parts of your life.
So, he’s got a studio in his house and we night expect some rap tracks from KD down the line. Should be interesting.
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19