Aug 28, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
You really need to go right now and read the entire Washington Post Q&A with Kevin Durant by Michael Lee. Don’t worry, we’ll wait for you. Durant talks about acting. About winning gold medal. About losing in the NBA finals. About doing a rap album.
Wait… what? Durant a rapper?
That’s what he said. Durant talked about going in and laying down a verse on Stephen Jackson’s new album.
I enjoy doing a lot of different things. I’m a basketball player. That’s what I do and what I love but that’s just not all who I am. I’m talented in a lot of different areas. Rapping is one of those things I just enjoy doing. I have fun doing. Stephen Jackson is pretty good. He’s a nice rapper. It’s a privilege to be on a song with him. It’s not one of those songs where you’re just talking about how much money you got. It’s one of those inspirational kind of deals.
So KD, you thinking about your own album?
I think I’m going to do something. I have some resources and some nice people that’s going to help me out. I have a studio in my house already. Maybe I might put out a little something and have a little something.
Can’t really see Durant doing the stereotypical album or video. His videos will not look like Pitbull’s. But despite his squeaky-clean image, Durant is a more complex guy. He’s humble, but you don’t get to be the leading scorer on an Olympic team with LeBron James and Kobe Bryant without some confidence. The kind of confidence that spills over to the other parts of your life.
So, he’s got a studio in his house and we night expect some rap tracks from KD down the line. Should be interesting.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22