Aug 28, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
You really need to go right now and read the entire Washington Post Q&A with Kevin Durant by Michael Lee. Don’t worry, we’ll wait for you. Durant talks about acting. About winning gold medal. About losing in the NBA finals. About doing a rap album.
Wait… what? Durant a rapper?
That’s what he said. Durant talked about going in and laying down a verse on Stephen Jackson’s new album.
I enjoy doing a lot of different things. I’m a basketball player. That’s what I do and what I love but that’s just not all who I am. I’m talented in a lot of different areas. Rapping is one of those things I just enjoy doing. I have fun doing. Stephen Jackson is pretty good. He’s a nice rapper. It’s a privilege to be on a song with him. It’s not one of those songs where you’re just talking about how much money you got. It’s one of those inspirational kind of deals.
So KD, you thinking about your own album?
I think I’m going to do something. I have some resources and some nice people that’s going to help me out. I have a studio in my house already. Maybe I might put out a little something and have a little something.
Can’t really see Durant doing the stereotypical album or video. His videos will not look like Pitbull’s. But despite his squeaky-clean image, Durant is a more complex guy. He’s humble, but you don’t get to be the leading scorer on an Olympic team with LeBron James and Kobe Bryant without some confidence. The kind of confidence that spills over to the other parts of your life.
So, he’s got a studio in his house and we night expect some rap tracks from KD down the line. Should be interesting.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4