Aug 28, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Last July, a lot of people expected the Miami Heat to amnesty Mike Miller. Despite his stellar shooting in Game 5 of the finals, his body had largely given out on him. It would be easier to list the body parts on Miller that were not injured. Hobbling would be a good way to describe him on the court.
But the Heat didn’t amnesty him, they kept Miller. Because Pat Riley said they would.
So while the Heat added sharpshooters in Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, Miller tweets he is working to get back on the court following off-season surgery.
Gr8week being back in the gym FINALLY Way 2long of a layoff slowlybutsurely feelN better Feels good getting ready 4 another year #LETITFLY
We will see if Miller ever actually gets on the court.
Mike Miller not only will make $5.8 million this season, he is on for $6.2 million next year and has a player option for $6.6 million the year after that. If you think he’s going to just retire after this season and walk away from $12.8 million… well, would you do that? If you just said “yes,” I’d like to thank you for reading this blog, Mr. Gates.
As the Heat deal with a large payroll they may have to revisit the amnesty of Mike Miller. Just not now.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22