Aug 28, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
There is just not a lot of demand for Sacramento Kings gear right now. They are not very good, they don’t have a huge national fan base, and some think they have the ugliest jersey in pro sports. Even the local fan base feels ownership has been flipping them the bird for the past few years, they are not rushing out to buy a new Kings hat.
So it took a while to notice, but the Sacramento Kings online store has been down. Since June 15.
The local CBS affiliate spoke with the Kings about it.
“We had a company that was helping us with our website and these are lean times in the economy,” Kings spokesman Chris Clark said. “They’re in business one day, the next day they’re gone.”
And gone was the Kings’ team shop website.
“In the e-commerce industry, it takes about four months to build a website from scratch, and the way the company went under it kind of left us in a lurch,” Clark said.
Things do happen, companies go under. Subcontractors go under.
But well run companies are prepared, have contingencies and bounce back quickly. They aren’t focused on Virginia Beach and possibilities years down the road if the here and now is not taken care of.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17