Aug 28, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
There is just not a lot of demand for Sacramento Kings gear right now. They are not very good, they don’t have a huge national fan base, and some think they have the ugliest jersey in pro sports. Even the local fan base feels ownership has been flipping them the bird for the past few years, they are not rushing out to buy a new Kings hat.
So it took a while to notice, but the Sacramento Kings online store has been down. Since June 15.
The local CBS affiliate spoke with the Kings about it.
“We had a company that was helping us with our website and these are lean times in the economy,” Kings spokesman Chris Clark said. “They’re in business one day, the next day they’re gone.”
And gone was the Kings’ team shop website.
“In the e-commerce industry, it takes about four months to build a website from scratch, and the way the company went under it kind of left us in a lurch,” Clark said.
Things do happen, companies go under. Subcontractors go under.
But well run companies are prepared, have contingencies and bounce back quickly. They aren’t focused on Virginia Beach and possibilities years down the road if the here and now is not taken care of.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43