Aug 28, 2012, 3:47 PM EST
There is just not a lot of demand for Sacramento Kings gear right now. They are not very good, they don’t have a huge national fan base, and some think they have the ugliest jersey in pro sports. Even the local fan base feels ownership has been flipping them the bird for the past few years, they are not rushing out to buy a new Kings hat.
So it took a while to notice, but the Sacramento Kings online store has been down. Since June 15.
The local CBS affiliate spoke with the Kings about it.
“We had a company that was helping us with our website and these are lean times in the economy,” Kings spokesman Chris Clark said. “They’re in business one day, the next day they’re gone.”
And gone was the Kings’ team shop website.
“In the e-commerce industry, it takes about four months to build a website from scratch, and the way the company went under it kind of left us in a lurch,” Clark said.
Things do happen, companies go under. Subcontractors go under.
But well run companies are prepared, have contingencies and bounce back quickly. They aren’t focused on Virginia Beach and possibilities years down the road if the here and now is not taken care of.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4