Aug 27, 2012, 12:52 PM EST
Most of Boston’s starting five is set. Rajon Rondo is the point guard, Paul Pierce is the three, Brandon Bass at the four and Kevin Garnett is the five. Jason Terry is the first guy off the bench. Locked in.
At the two… that’s more complex.
Someone tweeted CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely and asked who he thinks the starters will be, and he answered Courtney Lee at the two spot. Which makes sense, a good defender who can knock down threes fits well with the Celtics starting five.
Lee could do to Bradley what Bradley did to Allen — play so well and have things going so smoothly while he is gone that upon his return Doc Rivers doesn’t want to change things up. Which is what Rivers should do — his job is to win games and if things are going well you don’t change horses in the middle of the stream.
But it will be something to watch. And for Celtics fans having the kind of depth to cause these kinds of debates and concerns is the kind of problems you want to have.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45