Aug 27, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Most of Boston’s starting five is set. Rajon Rondo is the point guard, Paul Pierce is the three, Brandon Bass at the four and Kevin Garnett is the five. Jason Terry is the first guy off the bench. Locked in.
At the two… that’s more complex.
Someone tweeted CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely and asked who he thinks the starters will be, and he answered Courtney Lee at the two spot. Which makes sense, a good defender who can knock down threes fits well with the Celtics starting five.
Lee could do to Bradley what Bradley did to Allen — play so well and have things going so smoothly while he is gone that upon his return Doc Rivers doesn’t want to change things up. Which is what Rivers should do — his job is to win games and if things are going well you don’t change horses in the middle of the stream.
But it will be something to watch. And for Celtics fans having the kind of depth to cause these kinds of debates and concerns is the kind of problems you want to have.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31