Aug 27, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Most of Boston’s starting five is set. Rajon Rondo is the point guard, Paul Pierce is the three, Brandon Bass at the four and Kevin Garnett is the five. Jason Terry is the first guy off the bench. Locked in.
At the two… that’s more complex.
Someone tweeted CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely and asked who he thinks the starters will be, and he answered Courtney Lee at the two spot. Which makes sense, a good defender who can knock down threes fits well with the Celtics starting five.
Lee could do to Bradley what Bradley did to Allen — play so well and have things going so smoothly while he is gone that upon his return Doc Rivers doesn’t want to change things up. Which is what Rivers should do — his job is to win games and if things are going well you don’t change horses in the middle of the stream.
But it will be something to watch. And for Celtics fans having the kind of depth to cause these kinds of debates and concerns is the kind of problems you want to have.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 16
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 5
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 22