Aug 27, 2012, 12:52 PM EST
Most of Boston’s starting five is set. Rajon Rondo is the point guard, Paul Pierce is the three, Brandon Bass at the four and Kevin Garnett is the five. Jason Terry is the first guy off the bench. Locked in.
At the two… that’s more complex.
Someone tweeted CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely and asked who he thinks the starters will be, and he answered Courtney Lee at the two spot. Which makes sense, a good defender who can knock down threes fits well with the Celtics starting five.
Lee could do to Bradley what Bradley did to Allen — play so well and have things going so smoothly while he is gone that upon his return Doc Rivers doesn’t want to change things up. Which is what Rivers should do — his job is to win games and if things are going well you don’t change horses in the middle of the stream.
But it will be something to watch. And for Celtics fans having the kind of depth to cause these kinds of debates and concerns is the kind of problems you want to have.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 18
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 14
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7