Aug 27, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant has said that he thought it was his job, as the veteran voice of Team USA heading into London, to loosen up the guys and get them to relax around each other.
To Kobe, that means talking smack. To everyone. Get their juices flowing.
What did he say? Well, you can be sure we couldn’t reprint most of it on a family-friendly website such as this.
“Kobe called that a month before it happened,” Durant told Yahoo! Sports while promoting his new movie “Thunderstruck.”
“I didn’t believe him. He was just like, ‘We are going to have Dwight. We are going to have Steve Nash.’ He just talks a lot of trash, jokes and laughs. But he said it. I don’t think anyone paid attention to it but me and him. He said it and it happened. And they got better, a lot better.
“Dwight’s name was being thrown on every team. Houston, Brooklyn, the Lakers. But I guess he called it right.”
That is just so Kobe.
He was going to do the talking, even if they were not going to get Howard. But they did. And so now Kobe can run some “I told you so” smack.
And you can be certain he will. Plenty of it.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41