Aug 27, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Kobe Bryant has said that he thought it was his job, as the veteran voice of Team USA heading into London, to loosen up the guys and get them to relax around each other.
To Kobe, that means talking smack. To everyone. Get their juices flowing.
What did he say? Well, you can be sure we couldn’t reprint most of it on a family-friendly website such as this.
“Kobe called that a month before it happened,” Durant told Yahoo! Sports while promoting his new movie “Thunderstruck.”
“I didn’t believe him. He was just like, ‘We are going to have Dwight. We are going to have Steve Nash.’ He just talks a lot of trash, jokes and laughs. But he said it. I don’t think anyone paid attention to it but me and him. He said it and it happened. And they got better, a lot better.
“Dwight’s name was being thrown on every team. Houston, Brooklyn, the Lakers. But I guess he called it right.”
That is just so Kobe.
He was going to do the talking, even if they were not going to get Howard. But they did. And so now Kobe can run some “I told you so” smack.
And you can be certain he will. Plenty of it.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 0
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 1
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19