Aug 27, 2012, 8:42 AM EST
Juwan Howard wants to be back playing with the Miami Heat. At age 39 he is working out at the Miami Heat facility, trying to be the big the Heat use to round out their roster.
At least as a player. Check out this quote from Dwyane Wade, as told to our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“Obviously, if he comes into camp and we’ve got open spots, Juwan is a guy who has meant so much to us, we would love him around, no matter what the case may be,” he said. “If it’s around as a player? Yeah. If it’s around as part of the coaching staff, we just want him to be here. And hopefully he’ll want to stay here and everyone can do whatever they can to make it happen.”
Wade does not hire and fire coaches (directly, anyway). This is a Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra call. And it’s not what Howard, wants, he wants to be a player for another year.
Just saying that Juwan Howard retiring and coming back as a Heat coach is not out of the question.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 18
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13