Aug 27, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
Juwan Howard wants to be back playing with the Miami Heat. At age 39 he is working out at the Miami Heat facility, trying to be the big the Heat use to round out their roster.
At least as a player. Check out this quote from Dwyane Wade, as told to our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“Obviously, if he comes into camp and we’ve got open spots, Juwan is a guy who has meant so much to us, we would love him around, no matter what the case may be,” he said. “If it’s around as a player? Yeah. If it’s around as part of the coaching staff, we just want him to be here. And hopefully he’ll want to stay here and everyone can do whatever they can to make it happen.”
Wade does not hire and fire coaches (directly, anyway). This is a Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra call. And it’s not what Howard, wants, he wants to be a player for another year.
Just saying that Juwan Howard retiring and coming back as a Heat coach is not out of the question.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8