Aug 27, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
Juwan Howard wants to be back playing with the Miami Heat. At age 39 he is working out at the Miami Heat facility, trying to be the big the Heat use to round out their roster.
At least as a player. Check out this quote from Dwyane Wade, as told to our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“Obviously, if he comes into camp and we’ve got open spots, Juwan is a guy who has meant so much to us, we would love him around, no matter what the case may be,” he said. “If it’s around as a player? Yeah. If it’s around as part of the coaching staff, we just want him to be here. And hopefully he’ll want to stay here and everyone can do whatever they can to make it happen.”
Wade does not hire and fire coaches (directly, anyway). This is a Pat Riley/Erik Spoelstra call. And it’s not what Howard, wants, he wants to be a player for another year.
Just saying that Juwan Howard retiring and coming back as a Heat coach is not out of the question.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'