Aug 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
You can tell right now Anthony Tolliver and his agent are trying hard to make it look like there is a ton of interest in the athletic but underwhelming four. It went so far as for reports a Greek team being interested in Tolliver to find its way into this blog.
But Tolliver is interested in the Hawks, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“I don’t think they have a guy on their roster with that skill set with shooting and versatility,’’ Tolliver said about being a big man who can step out on the floor. When Tolliver was with Cleveland several years ago, Hawks GM Danny Ferry was the GM there. Tolliver also said he has a “really good relationship’’ with Wes Wilcox, then with Cleveland and now Hawks assistant GM.
Well, the Hawks do have Josh Smith, who thinks he is a big man who can step out and shoot the three. Even though he shouldn’t. But Smith at least consistently produces points and a PER above the league average.
Some NBA team will take a risk on Tolliver. I could see him in Minnesota behind Kevin Love. There are reports that the Pacers have interest. Some others may jump in.
But it sounds like he wants to be in the ATL.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15