Aug 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
You can tell right now Anthony Tolliver and his agent are trying hard to make it look like there is a ton of interest in the athletic but underwhelming four. It went so far as for reports a Greek team being interested in Tolliver to find its way into this blog.
But Tolliver is interested in the Hawks, he told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“I don’t think they have a guy on their roster with that skill set with shooting and versatility,’’ Tolliver said about being a big man who can step out on the floor. When Tolliver was with Cleveland several years ago, Hawks GM Danny Ferry was the GM there. Tolliver also said he has a “really good relationship’’ with Wes Wilcox, then with Cleveland and now Hawks assistant GM.
Well, the Hawks do have Josh Smith, who thinks he is a big man who can step out and shoot the three. Even though he shouldn’t. But Smith at least consistently produces points and a PER above the league average.
Some NBA team will take a risk on Tolliver. I could see him in Minnesota behind Kevin Love. There are reports that the Pacers have interest. Some others may jump in.
But it sounds like he wants to be in the ATL.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 47
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61