LeBron wants to star in “Space Jam 2.” That sound you hear is movie executives falling over themselves
Aug 26, 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
LeBron James took to Twitter over the weekend to answer questions from fans. Among them, someone asked if he loved arguably the second-most famous basketball movie of all time, Michael Jordan’s “Space Jam.” The fact that James, who loves all things Jordan, likes the movie, isn’t surprising. But how forward he was with the second part of his answer… yeah, that’s a little surprising.
RT @Parletoo: @KingJames do you love space Jam ?(I love that movie. Wish I could do Space Jam 2!)
So, surely some movie executive is going to see this and pitch it, right? I mean, it’ll be awful. The movie doesn’t hold up as it is (and I love that flick). Do kids even know who Bugs Bunny is at this point? Who do you get for Bill Murray’s part? You need someone to compliment without stealing it.
Additionally, the plot’s kind of hard to come up with if you’re not totally mailing it in. “Oh, the aliens came back.” But maybe the biggest problem is that the Monstars would honestly have no chance against James. Did you see him in the Finals?
In an unrelated story, it’s 65 days to opening night.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 7
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 34
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10