LeBron wants to star in “Space Jam 2.” That sound you hear is movie executives falling over themselves
Aug 26, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
LeBron James took to Twitter over the weekend to answer questions from fans. Among them, someone asked if he loved arguably the second-most famous basketball movie of all time, Michael Jordan’s “Space Jam.” The fact that James, who loves all things Jordan, likes the movie, isn’t surprising. But how forward he was with the second part of his answer… yeah, that’s a little surprising.
RT @Parletoo: @KingJames do you love space Jam ?(I love that movie. Wish I could do Space Jam 2!)
So, surely some movie executive is going to see this and pitch it, right? I mean, it’ll be awful. The movie doesn’t hold up as it is (and I love that flick). Do kids even know who Bugs Bunny is at this point? Who do you get for Bill Murray’s part? You need someone to compliment without stealing it.
Additionally, the plot’s kind of hard to come up with if you’re not totally mailing it in. “Oh, the aliens came back.” But maybe the biggest problem is that the Monstars would honestly have no chance against James. Did you see him in the Finals?
In an unrelated story, it’s 65 days to opening night.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)