LeBron wants to star in “Space Jam 2.” That sound you hear is movie executives falling over themselves
Aug 26, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
LeBron James took to Twitter over the weekend to answer questions from fans. Among them, someone asked if he loved arguably the second-most famous basketball movie of all time, Michael Jordan’s “Space Jam.” The fact that James, who loves all things Jordan, likes the movie, isn’t surprising. But how forward he was with the second part of his answer… yeah, that’s a little surprising.
RT @Parletoo: @KingJames do you love space Jam ?(I love that movie. Wish I could do Space Jam 2!)
So, surely some movie executive is going to see this and pitch it, right? I mean, it’ll be awful. The movie doesn’t hold up as it is (and I love that flick). Do kids even know who Bugs Bunny is at this point? Who do you get for Bill Murray’s part? You need someone to compliment without stealing it.
Additionally, the plot’s kind of hard to come up with if you’re not totally mailing it in. “Oh, the aliens came back.” But maybe the biggest problem is that the Monstars would honestly have no chance against James. Did you see him in the Finals?
In an unrelated story, it’s 65 days to opening night.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 3
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13