Aug 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
I’m comforted by the fact that despite their earning of millions of dollars, playing in the most competitive form of the sport on the planet, and constantly being concerned with their brand, their business, and their empire… these guys are really, really goofy.
Here’s a blooper reel from Team USA released, which has a handful of legitimately hilarious moments.
My favorite part, without question, is Andre Iguodala calmly and with zero emotion or change in inflection saying “Oh-for-four… oh-for-five…0h-for-seven…” to Anthony Davis shooting jumpers. It is spectacularly funny, especially if that was in practice before Davis hit a three in an exhibition game. That would only make it better.
LeBron James is still very much the class clown he’s been known to be, complete with the dancing, but I think the best moment of him is him grabbing the microphone and pretending to eat it. The “graararrarr” noise is just pretty hilarious.
I’m also a big fan of the reserved humor of Russell Westbrook. Overall, I give the film two thumbs up and look forward to the sequel.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5