Aug 25, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
I’m comforted by the fact that despite their earning of millions of dollars, playing in the most competitive form of the sport on the planet, and constantly being concerned with their brand, their business, and their empire… these guys are really, really goofy.
Here’s a blooper reel from Team USA released, which has a handful of legitimately hilarious moments.
My favorite part, without question, is Andre Iguodala calmly and with zero emotion or change in inflection saying “Oh-for-four… oh-for-five…0h-for-seven…” to Anthony Davis shooting jumpers. It is spectacularly funny, especially if that was in practice before Davis hit a three in an exhibition game. That would only make it better.
LeBron James is still very much the class clown he’s been known to be, complete with the dancing, but I think the best moment of him is him grabbing the microphone and pretending to eat it. The “graararrarr” noise is just pretty hilarious.
I’m also a big fan of the reserved humor of Russell Westbrook. Overall, I give the film two thumbs up and look forward to the sequel.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)