Aug 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Lou Amundson is a blue-collar, hard working player who doesn’t have any exceptional skills but can fill in down low in a pinch, do his job, and always give consistent effort, which is harder to find in the NBA than you’d think. He’s a free agent and hasn’t gotten the deal he’s looking for yet. As a result, Sam Amick of SI.com says that he’s considering, but not leaning towards, an offer from overseas:
Forward Lou Amundson – he of the high-energy, doing-the-dirty-work six-year career – continues to weigh his NBA options but is also talking to teams overseas. The Greek team Panathinaikos of the Euroleague is among said teams, source says. Amundson, who played a reserve role in Indiana last season, is confident he’ll find a good spot in the league but is looking at everything.
If he wanted the most money he could probably get a European team to pay through the roof for him eventually. But he can also have a much easier time of it just by being patient. Training camp will start, and, regrettably, someone will get injured. That team will be desperate for bodies, and Amundson will be available. It won’t take much for him to be in a position to contribute to a team, it just takes time.
But losing Amundson overseas would totally be a bummer, man.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 23
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 19
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 58
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings strike back
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay