Aug 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Lou Amundson is a blue-collar, hard working player who doesn’t have any exceptional skills but can fill in down low in a pinch, do his job, and always give consistent effort, which is harder to find in the NBA than you’d think. He’s a free agent and hasn’t gotten the deal he’s looking for yet. As a result, Sam Amick of SI.com says that he’s considering, but not leaning towards, an offer from overseas:
Forward Lou Amundson – he of the high-energy, doing-the-dirty-work six-year career – continues to weigh his NBA options but is also talking to teams overseas. The Greek team Panathinaikos of the Euroleague is among said teams, source says. Amundson, who played a reserve role in Indiana last season, is confident he’ll find a good spot in the league but is looking at everything.
If he wanted the most money he could probably get a European team to pay through the roof for him eventually. But he can also have a much easier time of it just by being patient. Training camp will start, and, regrettably, someone will get injured. That team will be desperate for bodies, and Amundson will be available. It won’t take much for him to be in a position to contribute to a team, it just takes time.
But losing Amundson overseas would totally be a bummer, man.
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 2
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 11
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)