Aug 25, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
There were high hopes for James Anderson with the Spurs when he was drafted, but he just never could fit. Not everyone can mesh with the Spurs’ approach, and it’s hard to see whether it’s a talent or fit issue, though there are certainly considerable gaps in his game. And as a free agent, it looks like he’s headed elsewhere.
Spurs Nation tip us off to this tweet from Spurs’ teammate Danny Green:
Got to show love n shout my guy @25_Anderson out for the new deal with Atlanta…Congrats man! Bright future ahead
Maybe Green has bad information, here, but it certainly looks like Anderson will be a Hawk next season. The Hawks need some athleticism on the wing with Anthony Morrow and Kyle Korver both pure shooters. Maybe in a more athleticism-based system, he can find some success. We’ll keep you updated on whether he officially inks with Atlanta.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 8
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 7
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)