Aug 25, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
There were high hopes for James Anderson with the Spurs when he was drafted, but he just never could fit. Not everyone can mesh with the Spurs’ approach, and it’s hard to see whether it’s a talent or fit issue, though there are certainly considerable gaps in his game. And as a free agent, it looks like he’s headed elsewhere.
Spurs Nation tip us off to this tweet from Spurs’ teammate Danny Green:
Got to show love n shout my guy @25_Anderson out for the new deal with Atlanta…Congrats man! Bright future ahead
Maybe Green has bad information, here, but it certainly looks like Anderson will be a Hawk next season. The Hawks need some athleticism on the wing with Anthony Morrow and Kyle Korver both pure shooters. Maybe in a more athleticism-based system, he can find some success. We’ll keep you updated on whether he officially inks with Atlanta.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 0
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 2
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16