Aug 25, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
There were high hopes for James Anderson with the Spurs when he was drafted, but he just never could fit. Not everyone can mesh with the Spurs’ approach, and it’s hard to see whether it’s a talent or fit issue, though there are certainly considerable gaps in his game. And as a free agent, it looks like he’s headed elsewhere.
Spurs Nation tip us off to this tweet from Spurs’ teammate Danny Green:
Got to show love n shout my guy @25_Anderson out for the new deal with Atlanta…Congrats man! Bright future ahead
Maybe Green has bad information, here, but it certainly looks like Anderson will be a Hawk next season. The Hawks need some athleticism on the wing with Anthony Morrow and Kyle Korver both pure shooters. Maybe in a more athleticism-based system, he can find some success. We’ll keep you updated on whether he officially inks with Atlanta.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 11
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 30
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)