Aug 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
When Blake Griffin went down with a knee injury, his second serious knee injury of his career, during Team USA practice, the jokes were pretty predictable. I’m pretty sure “Clippers Curse” was trending in parts of the world. There’s a certain expectation that whatever can go wrong will go wrong for “the other L.A. team.” It wasn’t a serious injury and the Clippers got out in front of it as much as possible to try and contain the impact on next season.
But there’s always that question. After knee surgery, how is a player going to come back, even if it’s minor?
The answer according to Griffin is just fine, and he’s already there.
From the Los Angeles Times:
“I came back after surgery and started rehabbing and getting back into it. I’ve been shooting and lifting [weights] and all that for a while now,” Griffin told The Times in telephone interview Friday. “So, I’m pretty much back at 100%, been back at 100% for a little bit. So I’m good.”
That’s good news and you hope he doesn’t have any more issues. Griffin needs the knees to quit giving him issues on account of how much he relies on his explosiveness for his offense.
The injury is still only going to fuel talk from critics that he can’t keep this up though. His constant dunkathon (often on people, often on Pau Gasol) is going to keep taking a toll. But there’s no way to tell. He could never have another knee injury, and could continue his theatrical jams. Which would be just fine with us.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 19
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7