Aug 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
When Blake Griffin went down with a knee injury, his second serious knee injury of his career, during Team USA practice, the jokes were pretty predictable. I’m pretty sure “Clippers Curse” was trending in parts of the world. There’s a certain expectation that whatever can go wrong will go wrong for “the other L.A. team.” It wasn’t a serious injury and the Clippers got out in front of it as much as possible to try and contain the impact on next season.
But there’s always that question. After knee surgery, how is a player going to come back, even if it’s minor?
The answer according to Griffin is just fine, and he’s already there.
From the Los Angeles Times:
“I came back after surgery and started rehabbing and getting back into it. I’ve been shooting and lifting [weights] and all that for a while now,” Griffin told The Times in telephone interview Friday. “So, I’m pretty much back at 100%, been back at 100% for a little bit. So I’m good.”
That’s good news and you hope he doesn’t have any more issues. Griffin needs the knees to quit giving him issues on account of how much he relies on his explosiveness for his offense.
The injury is still only going to fuel talk from critics that he can’t keep this up though. His constant dunkathon (often on people, often on Pau Gasol) is going to keep taking a toll. But there’s no way to tell. He could never have another knee injury, and could continue his theatrical jams. Which would be just fine with us.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 0
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6