Blake Griffin says he’s back at 100 percent

Aug 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT

Los Angeles Clippers v Memphis Grizzlies - Game Seven Getty Images

When Blake Griffin went down with a knee injury, his second serious knee injury of his career, during Team USA practice, the jokes were pretty predictable. I’m pretty sure “Clippers Curse” was trending in parts of the world. There’s a certain expectation that whatever can go wrong will go wrong for “the other L.A. team.” It wasn’t a serious injury and the Clippers got out in front of it as much as possible to try and contain the impact on next season.

But there’s always that question. After knee surgery, how is a player going to come back, even if it’s minor?

The answer according to Griffin is just fine, and he’s already there.

From the Los Angeles Times:

“I came back after surgery and started rehabbing and getting back into it. I’ve been shooting and lifting [weights] and all that for a while now,” Griffin told The Times in telephone interview Friday. “So, I’m pretty much back at 100%, been back at 100% for a little bit. So I’m good.”

via Clippers’ Blake Griffin is feeling good — about everything – latimes.com.

That’s good news and you hope he doesn’t have any more issues. Griffin needs the knees to quit giving him issues on account of how much he relies on his explosiveness for his offense.

The injury is still only going to fuel talk from critics that he can’t keep this up though. His constant dunkathon (often on people, often on Pau Gasol) is going to keep taking a toll. But there’s no way to tell. He could never have another knee injury, and could continue his theatrical jams. Which would be just fine with us.

1. tigershark49 - Aug 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Blake is awesome! I just wish the refs wouldn’t let him ward off with his off arm the way he sometimes does.

2. jerdogthompson - Aug 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Bring on the season. Another chance at mozgoving Pau again!!!! Haha

• camnellum12 - Aug 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM

You mean fouling him again? But since Blake sells tickets, the refs swallows the whistle.

• saint1997 - Aug 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

awwww someone is jealous

3. butkusditka - Aug 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Jerdog is excited for the clippers to be mediocre again….clippers fans are cute. The lakers baby bros…that’s all

4. chicagosworth - Aug 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

@tigershark your right, he does do that push off with his arm often. Still is one of the leagues best players to watch play ball. Will be a record breaking season for him.

5. adnan604 - Aug 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM

the argument that he uses his off arm is really annoying given the fact when a defensive player trying to stop Blake from dunking, if that defensive player does anything aside from standing straight up with his arms it’s an automatic foul on him..

So all those times you see Blake using his off arm to give the defensive player a little nudge, yea that’s right, it would ONLY be an offensive foul if the defender is standing there in position with his arms up… the fact that the defender is jumping up trying to contest the shot creating contact (automatic foul in any referee’s book) that alone nullifies any “offensive foul” argument against Blake…

I wish people understood that and quit repeating the same casual fan knowledge type sh constantly… know your rules and regulations before you open your mouths

• saint1997 - Aug 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

THANK YOU!

6. butkusditka - Aug 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

So, adnan64, according to your interpretation of the rules a defensive player is subject to ANY treatment while his feet are not set. If that’s true, why no stiff arms?!? Think of the possibilities…..c’mon man

7. chicagosworth - Aug 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

@adnan604 I’m sorry I’ve offended you Mrs.Griffin. Thought all I said was that he does push off with that arm, Not what was legal and illegal. Please send your husband Blake my apologies. Dick.

• adnan604 - Aug 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

lol, when I read Mrs. Griffin I just kept thinking Lois from Family Guy….
      In any case my post isn’t directed to you specifically, it was just me venting a bit about this same argument I constantly hear popping up about Blake and the use of his non masturbatory hand, that is all my good sir

I don’t understand the people who failed my post, I mean you may not like it but what I said is 100% true by the rule book, it wasn’t like a personal opinion of mine, there is no way around that fact….
      so maybe defenders would like to wisen up and just try taking charges on Blake instead of contesting, because that obviously doesn’t work….. and off course never EVER get caught Pau Gasolin and not boxing Blake out, yea we all saw that slow motion over the back rape of Gasol Blake did that game

8. bowens3181 - Aug 26, 2012 at 1:35 AM

The first paragraph of this article is pure gold! “…the second SERIOUS knee injury of his career,” and then just a few lines later: “It WASN’T a serious injury…”.

BRILLIANT

9. mat9844 - Aug 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Blake at 100%! For all us Clips fans, (and BG fans), it’s the best news of the day. Bring on the season!!!

10. lakerluver - Aug 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Unless he develops his mid-range game he’s nothing more than a bigger, stronger version of Dominique.

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches