Aug 24, 2012, 1:15 AM EDT
NBA players — professional athletes in general — do not want to see an opponent go down injured. Especially one of the other team’s best players. There but for the grace of God and all.
So when Dwyane Wade was on Chicago Tribune Live on Comcast SportsNet Chicago and was asked about what happened to Derrick Rose, he said he was sympathetic.
“You just feel bad for him,” Wade said of Rose. “We all deal with injuries and every time you deal with an injury, you hope it’s not the big one. You hope it won’t end your season. So to see a guy like D-Rose, who was battling injuries all year, minor injuries, and then it took its toll. And it was sad to see….
“We didn’t want to see it and we want to play the Bulls. We want to play the best teams,” Wade said. “We want him and his family to be fine, so to hear he was in high spirits and doing well, outside looking in, as a fan of the game, I’m excited for him.”
We all wanted to see the Heat and the Bulls… well, not Boston fans, but everyone else. Those were the best teams in the East last season, it seemed destined. Now, who knows if or when we’ll get to see it.
And like Wade, we all want to see Rose back on the court. He makes the game more fun.
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 0
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 6
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'