Aug 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
You remember that whole “FIBA really wants to add 3-on-3 basketball” to the Olympics thing we were talking about as London was winding down?
Well, the FIBA 3×3 World Championships are going on in Greece as you read this, 24 teams competing for this “coveted” title. The USA has a team there. Team USA is made up of Ira Brown (Gonzaga, played in Europe), Allen Williams, Adetayo Adesanya (he ran track at Purdue) and Tyree Hardge (college ball at Northeastern State). And as of now they are 2-0.
Anyway, nice finish by Brown. I would imagine there are a lot of dunks in a 3-on-3 game. But that doesn’t mean I’m watching more than the highlights of this tournament. Still, Go USA!!
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15