Aug 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EST
You remember that whole “FIBA really wants to add 3-on-3 basketball” to the Olympics thing we were talking about as London was winding down?
Well, the FIBA 3×3 World Championships are going on in Greece as you read this, 24 teams competing for this “coveted” title. The USA has a team there. Team USA is made up of Ira Brown (Gonzaga, played in Europe), Allen Williams, Adetayo Adesanya (he ran track at Purdue) and Tyree Hardge (college ball at Northeastern State). And as of now they are 2-0.
Anyway, nice finish by Brown. I would imagine there are a lot of dunks in a 3-on-3 game. But that doesn’t mean I’m watching more than the highlights of this tournament. Still, Go USA!!
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6