Aug 24, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
He sounds a lot more comfortable in New Orleans, at least from what he told the Associated Press.
“With the exception of Phoenix, in college and high school I always played with low-scoring successful teams,” Lopez said on Thursday morning while working out at the Hornets’ training center. “That is something I can definitely get accustomed to here.”
The Hornets are going to be a defense first team. That’s their coach Monty Williams, who worked on that mentality last year. That’s their personnel, with Anthony Davis and Lopez as their big men.
Lopez is in recovery after knee surgery, but he should be back during training camp. He says he is looking forward to playing with the young gold medal winning first rounder.
“From what I’ve seen of him, he’s fantastic,” Lopez said of Davis, who was the star of Kentucky’s 2012 national title team. “He’s got great timing, long athletic. I don’t think I’m too bad of a defensive player, so we make a heck of a tandem down there on the defensive end. Hopefully we can kind of close down some lanes.”
The Hornets have some guys who can play. They may start the season slow but once they start to find an offensive groove, once guys like Lopez and Davis get comfortable, by the time we get after the All-Star break they are going to be a better team. The kind of team you want to watch.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay