Aug 24, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
I don’t know if (James) has the ability to surpass (Jordan) or not. That’s yet to be seen. My version as LeBron being on par with Michael is this: They’re both on the golf course. Michael’s on the 18th hole. LeBron is somewhere on like the fourth hole. He’s got a long way to go, but he’s on par to get to the 18th hole.”
It’s not easy to win six NBA championships or reach all of other Michael Jordan statistical numbers. But what would be harder would be to match the cultural impact of Jordan. Jordan has become a legend, an icon, and to reach that status would take more than simply winning more rings.
But the simple fact is we love to debate LeBron’s legacy when it is too early to know what it will be.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40