In honor of Reggie Miller’s birthday, watch him crush the Knicks

Aug 24, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT

Happy birthday to Reggie Miller, the soon-to-be Hall of Famer turns 47 on Friday.

He remains one of the greatest sharpshooters the game has ever seen. One of the first players to ever really take advantage of how the three-point line was changing the game. And he was just fun to watch. That’s how I choose to remember him (not for his broadcasting career).

So to celebrate his birthday, we bring you one of his greatest highlights from the 1995 playoffs — 8 points in 8.9 seconds.

Sorry Knicks fans. Well, sort of sorry.

1. cakemixa - Aug 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Love anything anti-Knicks.

• cantonbound13 - Aug 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM

You’re pathetic.

2. cantonbound13 - Aug 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Did Kurt get fired by the Knicks? He’s very bitter towards the Knicks.

• deadeyedesign23 - Aug 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Yeah too many typos.

• go2themike - Aug 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Amen!!!

3. Chris Fiorentino - Aug 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Looked to me like the clip only showed 6 points in 3 seconds…and did you notice how that idiot Spike Lee was up out of his seat waving that stupid towel??? They should have thrown that fool out of the arena after that. He was legitimately a foot from the court. If a ref had been nearby , he would have tripped over that loud-mouthed moron.

4. phillyphan93 - Aug 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Outstanding!

5. drunkenjunk - Aug 24, 2012 at 6:56 PM

got me feeling all nostalgic about my childhood.

6. jjordannba - Aug 24, 2012 at 8:14 PM

How come my highlights don’t get posted on here when it’s my birthday. I once scored 4 points in a 10 game season. You can only hope to duplicate Performances like that.

7. zblott - Aug 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Reggie Miller is the worst guard in the HOF, and it’s not even that close. Possibly the most overrated guy in there.

Look at the facts:

• zblott - Aug 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM

@ThumbsDown
      Sorry for bringing up facts – I know they’re a touchy subject with Reggie lovers. I’ll go back to watching his 6 memorable YouTube moments when evaluating his entire career and forget he was an 18 points/game specialist whose teams did quite poorly in the playoffs (especially in clutch situations like Game 5/7’s, elimination games, overtimes, getting past the first round, etc. – go check the facts sometime) considering they supposedly had a HOF-worthy player.

I still can’t figure out how the guy never got any respect at all in the MVP ballots and All-NBA selections considering how great those 6 clips are. So weird – it’s like there’s a giant disconnect somewhere. I guess as long as I never look at the facts, I’ll never figure out where it is. Case closed.

8. go2themike - Aug 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

So Kurt What is your problem with the Knicks??? I hope you enjoyed the past 10 years because the Knicks this year will force you and the other haters out there to be very upset. Reggie had a few moments against the Knicks but he had his heart broken many more times.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches