Aug 23, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Stephen Jackson has not had what one would call a settled NBA career — a dozen years, seven NBA cities. Three and a half seasons in Golden State is the longest he has spent with any one team.
At age 34 he is entering his second season on his second stint with the San Antonio Spurs. In an ideal world Jackson would like this to be the last stop in his career, he told the Beaumont Enterprise. But he knows that may not be the case.
“If things work out in San Antonio I wouldn’t mind finishing my career there. But you know it’s a business and I’m one of those guys that doesn’t mind going to play somewhere else.”
Jackson doesn’t have a lot of years left in the league. Last year he only played in 21 games for the Spurs, and he gave them 8.9 points per game but on just 40.5 percent shooting when he got on the court. And that was really better than the previous couple years, because Gregg Popovich gets the most out of him. This would be a fitting place to finish out his career because of just that.
By the way, note to the Beaumont Enterprise: Keeping most of the interview for the print edition of the publication? Because that is going to drive sales at newsracks? How very 1990s of you. Other papers have tried that idea, I’ll save you the trouble, it doesn’t really work.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record